I'm not new to guitar or amps, but I never heard of a Traynor amp. It looks like its the perfect amp for me and I want to try it out.

Traynor doesn't seem like a popular brand so I'm worried if guitar center even sells them
Look it up online or call your nearest guitar center.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Well that's just bad luck. Look for some local shops. Surely there's SOMETHING in Philadelphia.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Guitar center is officially evil. Thats pretty much a fact.

Try ordering online and returning if you dont like it? I dunno, i looked every where around mass and found noootthiiingg that stocked traynor.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
I've seen a DR. Z in my local GC... and a Framus Cobra and a used Soldano in another.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Eh **** it, I might as well end up with a Fender Blues Junior with a Ts9 or even a Ts808 tubescreamer. Why not? I'm a home playing guy that wants to learn to play some guitar and needs a new tube amp. I heard the Blues Junior with the ts808 and played thru it at my friends house...it could easily crank out AC/DC tones and 80s metal. Alot of u don't realize that this amp have great overdrive if you have the right settings + overdrive pedal.
Not only that, it is very portable, very affordable, great tone, and takes pedals really well.
Okay, if that's the amp you want, then get it. You're passing up on at least trying what may be the "the perfect amp" for you, but that's your call.

EDIT: Here's what I found as far as Traynor dealers with a little research online:

Mitta Sound & Light

308 Ryers Ave
Cheltenham (Philadelphia), Pennsylvania, 19012
Phone: 215-379-8081
Email: djrab@mittasound.com
Web: http://www.mittasound.com

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Last edited by TNfootballfan62 at Aug 7, 2008,
.....ORRRRRR I could just be register to be a member at musiciansfriend.com and order the Traynor online. I have faith in the amp that it will sound good.
I think there's a particular seller on ebay that sales them for pretty cheap, and a good few people have had good luck with him, from what i've heard. But there's no reason not to go check them out in person when there's a (presumably) close seller.

But let me get this straight? You've went from buying the Blues Jr. b/c you liked it buying the Traynor blind? Which is it?

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Nice...I just found a dealer on ebay. Awesome, I better get it soon, I'll order it in a few days.

You think this will be far better tonewise than my 50 watt Vox Valvetronix amp? I just want to see ur input on this amp compared to my current amp of which is the same size.
^It'll be a good bit better than your Vox. And louder. They're always available to buy. I suggest going to try it if that store is semi-local. I like to avoid buying blind, if at all possible.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Quote by TNfootballfan62
But there's no reason not to go check them out in person when there's a (presumably) close seller.

Yea go try one before you pull the trigger not knowing what is out there.
Quote by TNfootballfan62
^It'll be a good bit better than your Vox. And louder. They're always available to buy. I suggest going to try it if that store is semi-local. I like to avoid buying blind, if at all possible.

The seller is from New York...which is an hour and a half drive from my house. Although I've been to New York many times...I don't feel like going again.

Maybe 1.5 hrs is not far for u...but in the dense northeast megalopolis, 1.5 hrs could mean ur in other big city lol. Philly is like right in the middle of the megalopolis, between NYC and Baltimore/Washington DC.

I'm looking no further, I trust this community. I'm looking for a Marshall-esque sound, and looks like Traynor YCV50BLUE is the one.
But you know what I find interesting?

A Marshall-esque sound is what I *NEED*

But...I absolutely LOVE the tone of Fender tube amps. So clean and beautiful. You can strike a power chord and every note rings. That clear tone gives me chills. And I was wanting one because I love Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jimi Hendrix, Black Sabbath, The Who, Led Zeppelin, some Clapton, and I know those sounds can be perfected by a Fender tube amp.

However my taste also reaches out to 80s rock like GnR (my fav), AC/DC, Metallica etc.

Some of the music I like can be perfected by fender amps, others by a Marshall-esque sounding amp.

That's why I have such a hard time finding an amp. I love Fender cleans, blues, and soft overdrive....yet I *need* that Marshall-esque sound too.
^Oh. Well, that store I showed you said it was in Philadelphia, and you listed your location as Philadelphia, so I thought you might be able to try one out there easily. If not, I'm sure you'll be happy with it, but it's always nice to try something first.

EDIT: Actually, a lot of those guys you listed played old Marshalls. The main Fender tone listed there is SRV, which is one of my absolute favorite tones.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Oh I called that store...the phone didn't even ring. The seller from New York is the one on eBay lol. I'm gonna get it on eBay. The condition is *new* and there are 4 Traynors YCV50 in stock and theres a 10 day limit. It's being sold for $599.99 and I have 30 days/full refund if I don't like it.
Ah, if there's a good return policy if you don't like it, then I can't blame you.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
I hope its good...I'm not that picky with amps. But if I can get a snaring "jcm800" all-tube growl from this...then I'll love it. Any pedals necessary? Would a tubescreamer do good to this one?
Maybe, but get it in and figure out if you need a pedal before you start looking at them.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Quote by Irocknroll1990
I hope its good...I'm not that picky with amps. But if I can get a snaring "jcm800" all-tube growl from this...then I'll love it. Any pedals necessary? Would a tubescreamer do good to this one?

No, the tubescreamer is a very bluesy pedal. A lot of players like to use it as a boost but I prefer something more transparent.

I'd also like to use this thread to complain about GC in general. Their staff usually consists of emo/metal kids who really know nothing more about gear than what one can read out of a musician's friend catalog. Sorry for the hijack, I just continue to be disappointed by the lack of assistance I've gotten there.