In my profile. My first cover ever, and my first full song i've learned. please be honest, its the only way i can get better

C4C
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster Electric Guitar Ash
Bugera 333XL 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby >> Korg Pitchblack Tuner >> MXR Carbon Copy >> Boss DS-1
change your distorstion and reverb
Quote by 08don
yes, thank you guitarfreak. free bj for you anytime. just not from me. no homo.
first off TUNE YOUR GUITAR! Not meaning to be rude but no matter how the playing is it still is ruined by the tuning. I would back off the gain a fair bit, give yourself a clearer tone to work with. work on your ear for the solo, it was off, tho that might be the tuning.

You appear to know what notes there are, so work on these other things
Quote by hawk5211
first off TUNE YOUR GUITAR! Not meaning to be rude but no matter how the playing is it still is ruined by the tuning. I would back off the gain a fair bit, give yourself a clearer tone to work with. work on your ear for the solo, it was off, tho that might be the tuning.

You appear to know what notes there are, so work on these other things

haha yeah, i just changed strings last night, so they're still stretching.

thanks for the comments guys
Gear:
Bugera 333XL 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby >> Korg Pitchblack Tuner >> MXR Carbon Copy >> Boss DS-1
Quote by trutrojan8
haha yeah, i just changed strings last night, so they're still stretching.

thanks for the comments guys

then stretch them out more. Spend like 10 minutes on it, since it may be the only way you will keep your guitar in tune.
First and foremost - turn your guitar

Also, turn off all the effects, especially the crazy reverb and turn down the distortion.

Working on chord transitions and timing of the song. You sounded behind with the backing track.

Keep practicing at it and just pick out the 4 main parts of the song and keep repeating those - the intro, the main riff/verse, the chorus, and solo. No need to play through the whole song millions of times. It's a simple song, but can be challenging to beginners. Just keep practicing and you'll get there.

Ironic, You Shook Me All Night Long is the first song I ever learned on guitar. Great song. That reminds me, I should post a better cover on YouTube cause the one I have blows...

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=908699
change your eq settings bro. that sounded kinda bad =\ sorry. not trying to be mean.
Quote by madshatter
change your eq settings bro. that sounded kinda bad =\ sorry. not trying to be mean.

its fine man. i'd rather have that kind of comment than a lie telling me that was amazing, when it wasnt. comments like that only help me
Gear:
Bugera 333XL 212
pretty much what they all said. you had the basic idea of the song out, but what made it really bad was:
out of tune
angus young and reverb dont like eachother
get a better amp because it is like cats screaming

you played the song fairly well, practice on the beginning alittle more.