Well, my brothers friend gave us a washburn like 8 years ago, and it was already old. I think my brother never played it though because he complained it never stayed in tune, does anybody know why? would it just because the strings are probably are so old, or what?
If you haven't had the strings replaced in years, you should do that first. Old/bad/both strings causes HUGE problems with tuning.

Also, how good/bad quality is the guitar and how beat up is it? The overall condition/quality can cause tuning issues too.
Yeah, umm the condition isnt terrible, the paint is chipping.
its just been sitting in our room in the same place since we got it, I'm not too sure what the kid before did with it, i know he was never in a band so I doubt he played it much since hes a DJ, not into rock.
Ancient strings should be replaced before even seriously playing that guitar. Then we'll see if it stays in tune.
Could be either the tuners or the bridge. Upgrading old, beaten down guitars is always fun to do; something I plan on doing with my old strat copy (my first electric).
Quote by Eternium
Ancient strings should be replaced before even seriously playing that guitar. Then we'll see if it stays in tune.
Could be either the tuners or the bridge. Upgrading old, beaten down guitars is always fun to do; something I plan on doing with my old strat copy (my first electric).

Yeah, I was thinking of stripping the paint, and changing to emg pickups, but expensive.. and my current pickups are passive, and i really wanted a 81 emg active.for the bridge :[