I've read it.
The part where he's being attacked by mini blue Predators while naked in the shower is....
how do I put this....

odd.
I <3 Companion Cube
Anthony Kiedis' autobiography is pretty good too. (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
Quote by Twist of fate
Thank god! For a sec I thought I lost my virginity to a stuffed animal christmas dog!

^ Do you know who that is? It's the guitar player from Fall Out Boy.
It was entertaining I suppose.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
It's full of bull****.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever." 1984.
the only book i've read 4 times...

the only book i've finished once
My Gear:
Squier Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider III 75w
Line 6 FBV Express

Wanted Gear:
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES335
Marshall JVM410H
Marshall JCM800
Dunlop Crybaby
Any link please?

Before this thread goes on one-liners
Quote by dan ramP
RSOB and Gavs must have a great relationship to be able to sleep around so much
Quote by RSOB Bass
Yeah, it's pretty flexible. Like gavz.

Likes to play thread games, also!

*[/dead]*
Quote by soadquake981
Anthony Kiedis' autobiography is pretty good too. (Red Hot Chili Peppers)

I bought the book on Monday and finished it on Wednesday and I was disappointed that it didn't go on for another four hundred pages. In short, I loved the book.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Why would i read Slash's autobiography out of all the great people in the world?!

If i wanted to read an autobiography i'ld read of someone successful and influential like Nelson Mandela, Gandhi or someone. Something from which you could gain some inspiration and knowledge.

Why would i read about the life of some drugged out guitarist for a mainstream band!
The only music book I've read is 'Our Band Could Be Your Life', a history of the alternative music scene in the 80s. ****ing awesome book
I've bought it. I've read about 5 of 6 chapters, but stopped reading it. its not that it wasnt good, i loved it, but readings just not my thing
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster Electric Guitar Ash
Bugera 333XL 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby >> Korg Pitchblack Tuner >> MXR Carbon Copy >> Boss DS-1
Quote by Gizmo Jones
I've read it.
The part where he's being attacked by mini blue Predators while naked in the shower is....
how do I put this....

odd.

i was lmfao when i read that bit. its a freakin useless book though, interesting, but useless. sixx's biography at least gives you a lesson, and you can tell he's struggling with himself.

EDIT: dont take this too mean that i dont lvoe the book, slash is the reason i started playing guitar.
Yeah got it and read it. Very entertaining. Slash has led quite an unusual life...
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

I've read Hulk Hogan's. Nothing to do with Slash's, I know

I just wanted to belong!
Rule number three: Never open the package

It's magic magic baby!

Yoink!
Yeah, it kept me entertained for a month, wish there was more about guitar.
No means maybe
Quote by af_the_fragile
Why would i read Slash's autobiography out of all the great people in the world?!

If i wanted to read an autobiography i'ld read of someone successful and influential like Nelson Mandela, Gandhi or someone. Something from which you could gain some inspiration and knowledge.

Why would i read about the life of some drugged out guitarist for a mainstream band!

they werent a mainstream band... they hated mainstream music
My Gear:
Squier Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider III 75w
Line 6 FBV Express

Wanted Gear:
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES335
Marshall JVM410H
Marshall JCM800
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by af_the_fragile

Because he may have been on drugs, but he gave them up, hes now sober as well, and plus, some people hold musicians in high respects, just people hold Nelson Mandela, Ghandi or even Jesus fucking Christ! And whats wrong with mainstream music? Nothing at all, a band doesn't have to be severly unknown or underrated to be good, things are overrated for a reason.

/end rant

(Yes the post was very typical of my username)
Quote by cj10schmelzer

i agree
they make a point of it in the book
BLUE
RED
YELLOW
Quote by slash fan #1
Because he may have been on drugs, but he gave them up, hes now sober as well, and plus, some people hold musicians in high respects, just people hold Nelson Mandela, Ghandi or even Jesus fucking Christ! And whats wrong with mainstream music? Nothing at all, a band doesn't have to be severly unknown or underrated to be good, things are overrated for a reason.

/end rant

+1
Totally agree.

Guns were mainstream but that doesnt mean they were Commercial.
Mainstream just means you actually have a lot of fans
What's wrong with that?
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Quote by Johnny Trash
+1
Totally agree.

Guns were mainstream but that doesnt mean they were Commercial.
Mainstream just means you actually have a lot of fans
What's wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with it at all in my eyes. Any band would be thrilled if they were mainstream with lots of fans. Its a job and busniess like any other, and it makes them money, it may be doing something they love and have passion for, but thats still what it is, a job! A job I want to have!
Quote by slash fan #1

/end rant

I was indeed expecting something like this from you!! XD
Just slash is not my cuppa tea!
Quote by af_the_fragile
I was indeed expecting something like this from you!! XD
Just slash is not my cuppa tea!

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't bother me if you don't like him, just some of the things you said weren't true (Anymore)
Quote by cj10schmelzer

Did you just say GnR aren't a mainstream band?
Quote by GiantRaven

i know, they sold more albums than metallica did lol
Last edited by lpmarshall at Aug 7, 2008,
Quote by af_the_fragile

Wow, you'reso unique and non-mainstream! Just like everyone else!
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
Man it feels just like anal sex, I think; I'm still a virgin

Quote by nebiru
Goose is my Hero.

Quote by Xeus
Yeah, if you get the shag in before she's your legal sister the incest is over turned
Quote by jimbob78
Slash has led quite an unusual life...

i found it to be quite predictable and cliche
so no, i did not enjoy it
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Quote by GooseMcShred
Wow, you'reso unique and non-mainstream! Just like everyone else!

Indeed i am!!
Check out my hardcoreness!!!
Quote by GiantRaven
My thoughts exactly.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Read about half of it, then had to skim through it because I had a book report due in a few days hehe. So I don't really remember much besides the beginning.

Scar Tissue is a lot better though.

And how do you guys know Slash was lying in his book?