I've been playing a few months now.. but havn't really looked into any of the effects available (except the overdrive on my amp!)

My brother has offered to give me a Digitech RP100 digital effects processor.

What does it do..? (sorry for the noob question, & YES, i've looked it up online, but i'm still non-the-wiser! )

Freshman acoustic
IbanezGAX70
DIGITECH RP100
Quote by Phat Stud 55
it's a all in one pedal it has most of the poplular effects that most artists use such as delay chorus flange etc.

OK.. that sounds cool.. but 'what does it do...?' (i'm a total idiot).... lol... what are the effects.. i mean... what IS the effect..?

Freshman acoustic
IbanezGAX70
DIGITECH RP100
You basically can get different sounds and effects. I have a similar digitech pedal. You can get delay, reverb (echo), and different distotion bluesy, metal whatever. Hope that helps. Why don't you take it and give it a go?
Its a processor meaning you have (with this model) 100 pre-sets which you can program with stuff like overdrive/distortion, reverb, delay, flange, chorus, ect. When you switch between the different pre-sets your switching between different combinations of these. I would suggest you find the instruction manual, which you can print off the Digi-Tech website, and look up on wikipedia how all the different effects change the sound of your guitar.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Thanks guys... i'll take it & have a play with it & see what i come up with...!

Freshman acoustic
IbanezGAX70
DIGITECH RP100