Now, I know that when talking about yourself, it's "eye of the beholder" kinda stuff. But what defines a beginner? Whenever you hear one, you KNOW they aren't good yet, or just began. How do we know? What do you think is the difference between a beginner, and a regular guitarist (I.E. Intermediate +)
terms like beginner and intermediate the designate playing ability mean nothing, they are simply generic terms to describe difficulty
its not like pokemon where you reach a level and instantaneously learn a new technique, you develop slowly and your playing level is based on a person's opinion
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
A beginner is someone who holds an empty cup

/zen
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.
Panhead, I could shred before I learnt chords. xD

Anyways, it really is in the eye of the beholder. You are a beginner as long as the majority of people consider you one.
Funny thing about guitarists is, they really have almost zero persective when it comes to themselves. They always sell themselves too cheap though they really shouldn't, or they think they're gods greatest invention to ever grace the guitar though they don't really amount to anything on it.
-Beginners try to copy, never create.
-Beginners look forward to being good and never just appreciate how they are right now.
-Beginners cannot distinguish between good tone and bad tone, even remotely.
-Beginners cannot tell the difference between a good instrument and a bad one (subjective, but in general).

Once you fall into none of these, you are no longer a beginner, which means some people were never beginners and others are always going to be beginners.
Anyone got any more to add to these?

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
The day you stop worrying about whether you're a beginner, or intermediate, or advanced or whatever is the day you stop being a beginner.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com