I was thinking of getting a new amp, because all I have is a roland micro cube, which is great for practice but I'd like something a little more. What are some good combo amps, for around 600-700 dollar range, maybe less. I was looking at some line6 amps, are those very good?
I've always herd mixed reviews about Line 6. You should check out some amps at zzounds.com. And you shouldn't spend more than 500 on a combo amp.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by justinb904
I've always herd mixed reviews about Line 6. You should check out some amps at zzounds.com. And you shouldn't spend more than 500 on a combo amp.

Where did you get that rule from? most good tube combos are over $500, in fact, there aren't that many under $500
I forgot to mention, I'm thinking about upgrading my duncan designed pick ups in my jackson to emg's or some other sort of active pick up, would a tube amp be my best bet to get?
Quote by justinb904
You should check out some amps at zzounds.com.

They are not always reliable on prices and descriptions.
Musiciansfriend.com is a good site.
EDIT yes a tube amp is what you should get unless you are getting a high quality fairly expensive solid state. And with actives you will want a tube.
EDIT you also need to say your main genres and tone.
I want a crushing metal tone, basically death metal, and thrash. I was looking at the Zakk Wylde set of EMG's, because he's my main influence. Can you get a tube combo amp? And how much do they usually cost?
Quote by RANDOMH3RO
I want a crushing metal tone, basically death metal, and thrash. I was looking at the Zakk Wylde set of EMG's, because he's my main influence. Can you get a tube combo amp? And how much do they usually cost?

the cheapest decent tube combo i know of is the peavey valveking 112 at $400 and really they go up from there