A few questions about manual driving.
If a car is listed as 5 speed(or 6 or whatever), does that mean its manual?
Also, is driving a manual very hard to get the hang of?
BTBAM-Colors Sept 18
yes and no.

actually...idk and no.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think the 5 or 6 speed has to do whether it's automatic or not, it's just the amount of gears..

as for driving an automatic, it's simple. just press the gas and it'll take care of the rest
You like it
Driving a stick is not a problem at all. Even if you stall out at an intersection, big deal. As for your first question, I don't know but probably.
Driving an automatic is'nt driving really. And no, driving a manual isnt difficult to get hold off. After about 6 driving lessons, your gear changing becomes natrual.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Driving a manual, you'd just have to think about one more thing. (The shift)
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Yes it means it's a manual. No it's not as hard as people make it out to be. Just buy a manual whether you know how to drive it or not. The best way to figure it out is the drive home from the dealer. You learn pretty fast that way lol.
We're only strays.
Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
Driving an automatic is'nt driving really. And no, driving a manual isnt difficult to get hold off. After about 6 driving lessons, your gear changing becomes natrual.

lessons?
you get it home and practice driving around there.

the hardest part is when you start it up and go, if you don't do it right you shake the vehicle.

but it's not very hard to work out.
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave
I was inspired by someone saying they had Millionaire on their Ipod

he's talking about me!
Just because they list it as 5 or 6 speed doesnt meen its definately manual. Automatics have gears to you know, they just shift for you. Most people can get the hang of manual transmission. Personally i like it more, alot more fun to drive.
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
Meh yes and no, alot of people refer to manuels as 5speeds cause 90% of manuel cars are and most autos are 4 speed. Its like calling a guitar a 6 string, when some have 7.
Quote by deadmansdiary
Just because they list it as 5 or 6 speed doesnt meen its definately manual. Automatics have gears to you know, they just shift for you. Most people can get the hang of manual transmission. Personally i like it more, alot more fun to drive.

+ 1
You like it
Quote by -jeff-
Meh yes and no, alot of people refer to manuels as 5speeds cause 90% of manuel cars are and most autos are 4 speed. Its like calling a guitar a 6 string, when some have 7.

i dont think most autos are 4 speed.... Most are 5 i cant think of any 4s

for example honda civics (probably the most seen car) are 5 speed most VWs and toyotas ect....

although with some 5 speeds you can make it so you only use the first 3 or 4 gears
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
Quote by THEhardcoreSIHT

No, it could be 5 speed auto or manual or e-gear (lambo) or triptronic (prosche/audi).
It needs to specify it like 5speed manual, or 5 speed auto etc.

And driving manual is not very hard. Its harder than auto in the beginning, but its more fun. And once you get the hang of it, its not harder than auto. And it shouldn't take you too long to get the hang of it...
Unless you're american! :p
Quote by -jeff-

he is 100% right.

its just the amount of gears the car has, but most auto's have 4 gears and most manuals have 5 (sometimes 6). you just need to peek inside the car to find out...
יהוה

[][]
/ \

Quote by sinisa

How about actually doing something rather than asking everyone here questions?
Quote by af_the_fragile

oooooohhhhhh kaaaaay............?
יהוה

[][]
/ \

Quote by sinisa

How about actually doing something rather than asking everyone here questions?
Quote by THEhardcoreSIHT

stating 5 or 6 speed doesnt state if its manual or automatic...that just says how many gears it has.

It will state auto or manual
Quote by af_the_fragile
No, it could be 5 speed auto or manual or e-gear (lambo) or triptronic (prosche/audi).
It needs to specify it like 5speed manual, or 5 speed auto etc.

And driving manual is not very hard. Its harder than auto in the beginning, but its more fun. And once you get the hang of it, its not harder than auto. And it shouldn't take you too long to get the hang of it...

I resent that, I'm American and I learned it easy as pie!! APPLE PIE, IN FACT!!!

AMERICAN APPLE PIE!!!

Anyways, that having been said, I do actually like the European approach to driving. Porsche, in particular.
We're only strays.
Quote by deadmansdiary
i dont think most autos are 4 speed.... Most are 5 i cant think of any 4s

for example honda civics (probably the most seen car) are 5 speed most VWs and toyotas ect....

although with some 5 speeds you can make it so you only use the first 3 or 4 gears

Almost all automatic trans have 4 gears, some luxury cars have 5 and some random benz has 7 i believe
yes it is manual
annnd not really its nothard to get the hang of, makes a better driver out of you though, or so i would say cause it keeps your more attentive.
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Quote by kadinh
he is 100% right.

its just the amount of gears the car has, but most auto's have 4 gears and most manuals have 5 (sometimes 6). you just need to peek inside the car to find out...

Not anymore.
Nowdays most auto's are 5-gear and even 6-gear in case of performance cars like Aston Martins, Lambos, Porsches and all...
The 4-gear auto was a thing of the 90's. We're well past that... or atleast us europeans are well past that!!

And yeah, 90% of the people here drive a manual gearbox. Even 80yr old women can drive manual here... so the american thing there of not knowing how to drive a manual gear box car...!
All in good faith!
Quote by -jeff-
Almost all automatic trans have 4 gears, some luxury cars have 5 and some random benz has 7 i believe

I think it's the SL600. It has an automatic transmission that conforms to the driver's driving style. And yes, the majority of automatics are 4 speeds.
We're only strays.
Drive manual, acceleration is generally faster and always more fun. I live in England,we're too awesome at driving to use automatics...

Plus we drive on the proper side of the road lol
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
Man it feels just like anal sex, I think; I'm still a virgin

Quote by nebiru
Goose is my Hero.

Quote by Xeus
Yeah, if you get the shag in before she's your legal sister the incest is over turned
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I think it's the SL600. It has an automatic transmission that conforms to the driver's driving style. And yes, the majority of automatics are 4 speeds.

Nein!!
Most cars here in europe come with a 5speed auto gearbox now.
All the mercs, BMWs, Audis, VWs its all 5speed auto.
Unless its the smaller cars like peugeot, citroen n all...
manual is more fun imo and you feel more in control
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
if it says "speed" after a number its a manual. Manuals are alright, I personally don't like them, I can drive one no problem but I'd rather not.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox