Okay, here's my question.

I've been playing for several months, teaching myself with whatever I can find. As of right now, I've only practiced at chords, and I can play them somewhat competently. However, I'm having a lot of proplems when it comes to single-string riffs. I keep hitting the wrong string by accident. Whenever I play a strumming pattern that requires me to switch between strings, I screw it up. It feels like I'm strumming with a chicken drumstick.

Is there a practice or song that I can do that'll focus on my right hand o' death?
My advice? Deep Purple. That's what I learned single-note picking on when I started out. A good deal of their stuff is single-note and fun to play, not to mention it ranges from beginner to beginner-intermediate, so it'll keep you busy for a while.

If you really can't get single-note stuff at all at first, start with their power-chord songs, since that'll get you closer to single-string picking while still allowing for a bit of imprecision.

Also, Highway Star is really good for building picking stamina early on.
Keep practicing what you're playing already but play it slower; slow it down until you can play it right and with good technique and then start to speed it up.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.