so as a band, we're trying to cover more and more music.
but my problem is that my lead guitarist isn't very open minded when it comes to picking new songs to cover.
SO
should i fire the lead guitarist, and lose one of my best friends since high school or should i just find some bands similar to Protest The Hero and Human Abstract to cover; and if so, which bands do you guys think we should cover, if you'd be so kind to do so :P.
Don't fire him, compromise. Tell him you'll do a cover he wants if he'll do a cover you want.

If he doesn't agree, then fire him.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by MetalGS3SE
Don't fire him, compromise. Tell him you'll do a cover he wants if he'll do a cover you want.

+1
GAS List:
Nothing
Quote by MetalGS3SE

+1
Those with closed minds bring on themselves nothing but limits.
Wait - does he want to write music, as opposed to simply covering songs? Or is it just that you can't agree on what covers to play?

If it's the former, then maybe give him some leeway in terms of solos and lead fills during songs. Let him play just the beginning of the solo as it's written, and then do his own thing. Stuff like that.

If it's the latter, then I'm going to side with everyone else and say to compromise.