Im having trouble with a specific chord in lenny by SRV. Its actually the very first chord in the song. On tabs it would be:

This doesnt seem possible to me, because I dont have 5 fingers haha. Obviously there is a way to play it, any one care to help me with the fingering? Its driving me nuts.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
I know SRV used to use his thumb a lot to bar bass notes of chords. Try doing that if it's not too awkward. =)
Got it, I think the post was just deleted, but I wasnt barring the two top 9's properly, its just kinda an awkward chord to play at first. I cant wait till I nail this song.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
Got it, I think the post was just deleted, but I wasnt barring the two top 9's properly, its just kinda an awkward chord to play at first. I cant wait till I nail this song.

haha yeah i did delete my post as i wasnt 100% sure right on how you diagramed it, and didn't want to look like a fool

so i'll say it again: barre the two 9's on the higher strings and your sorted tbh
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
yeah sounds good thanks a ton
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
9 / Pinky
9 \ Barre
8 <Middle
9 <Ring
7 <Index

That should work....unless by "i don't have 5 fingers" you actually mean you're missing fingers. in which case...wow
Quote by BluesLP1990
9 / Pinky
9 \ Barre
8 <Middle
9 <Ring
7 <Index

That should work....unless by "i don't have 5 fingers" you actually mean you're missing fingers. in which case...wow

I meant not including the thumb haha
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412