getting my hands on XIPHOS at this point hinder my progress or better it

(http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/XPT700BK/ )

by the way im still at the point where im trying to loosen my fingers up so i can fly around the fretboard on my STRAT

and i also thought about getting a razorback, but i dont wanna stab myself while playing.......
With the razorback you would never stab yourself, only lose about 400$. They should be made somewhere other than korea and have better hardware, and original rose, and better pickups. Thats why people think they are not worth the price. They are overpriced. You would be paying for the paintjob and a name that your parents don't want you to know of.
Buying a Xiphos would neither hinder nor help; it's just a different guitar, you still have to practice.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Your probably just interested in this guitar for its looks. There is plenty better out there for the money. (plus i'd stay away from an edge III)
Quote by fenderstrat730
better sound though right or is it the amp ?

Without knowing what your amp is I couldn't say but the amp does make up a larger proportion of your tone than the guitar does. The being said there are obvious difference between a Xiphos and a Strat that would have a very definite effect on your tone no matter what amp you use.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
well at this point ........the xiphos looks so fn badass..........and yeah its the look mostly

but would the 7th strring force me to relearn the fretboard ?
Quote by fenderstrat730
well at this point ........the xiphos looks so fn badass..........and yeah its the look mostly

but would the 7th strring force me to relearn the fretboard ?

The one you posted isn't the 7 string version but I don't think you'd have to relearn the whole fretboard; just get used to the idea of having another low string to work with.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
well taht settles it .................im getting a XIPHOS .....................might even be the 7 string vesion ...........

THE METAL WILL LIVE ON !!!!