So, tomorrow night, I'm heading down to Worcester, Massachusetts to see Nine Inch Nails. The concert is at the DCU Center, which seems to be a pretty fair venue (I saw Trans-Siberian Orchestra there in November or so, and it was a nice, friendly place). Now, the only other concert I've brought a camera to is a Red Hot Chili Peppers show last October, but it was disposable.

Now, question - disposable cameras take sh*tty pictures, so I plan on brining my digital camera. It's far from professional, it's fairly slim, and it takes horrible video. Will they let me bring it in? Or should I try to sneak it in? And, if I sneak it in, how is the most effective way? Stick it behind my belt in the front (above my crotch)? Drug-cartel it and shove it up my pooper?

UGers, what is the best way?
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
Bring a pentax camera, they'll feel so sorry for you they'll let it in.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Wrap it up inside an item of clothing (coat, for example) and then put the item of clothing in a bag. No venue is through enough to find it in there.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Just wear tight boxers and put them in there.

Why would it be a problem, is America different to the UK on cameras entry to gigs?
Gear List

Guitars
PRS SE Tremonti
Ltd Mh-100qmnt
Peavey Rotor ex
Crafter Acoustic

Amps
Bugera 333
Bugera 412h

Effects
Marshall Shredmaster
Line 6 MM4
Line 6 DL4
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Dan Electro Fish'n'chips
Ibanez LU-10
i can't see trent caring enough to make the venue restrict cameras. not sure if it's up to him though.
just stick it down your pants when you get to the gate.

if they notice it just say its your dick. they'll leave you alone.
SCHECTER Hellraiser-FR '08 White
SCHECTER Damien-6
VOX AD50VT-XL

Quote by nebiru
Nevermind.. I changed my mind.

Run at the bathroom door screaming like a velociraptor and ram into it fullspeed.

Quote by angusfan16
Well this is just a hole full of fuck.
Quote by Gwynnell
Just wear tight boxers and put them in there.

Why would it be a problem, is America different to the UK on cameras entry to gigs?

yeah people are huge dicks about it depending on the band/venue sometimes.
R.I.P. BILLY MAYS
1958-2009
Goodnight Sweet Prince

Quote by longhorntex6
do you know where i can find the tabs?

WAT

Quote by gd123
I'm 14 not a troll....

well you see, I have really big balls. So I usually tape whatever I'm smuggling behind the sack so it rests on them. I've gotten pipes, weed, salvia, and a pack of exotic stoges through airport security/customs like that : D
wrap it in a hoodie as stated before or depedning on how security is you could just put it in a bag/Gf's purse. if u dont have a gf put it in a purse and say its ur gfs purse and that she asked you to bring it in and she is in already.

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Quote by schecter92

+1
tape it to your crotch(worked for me at gigantour) some concerts let you bring cameras though
Quote by mohawkkidJohn
wrap it in a hoodie as stated before or depedning on how security is you could just put it in a bag/Gf's purse. if u dont have a gf put it in a purse and say its ur gfs purse and that she asked you to bring it in and she is in already.

this, but say it's your purse
unless you're a girl
(:
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave
I was inspired by someone saying they had Millionaire on their Ipod

he's talking about me!
I have the same problem, I'm heading down to the Rockstar Energy Mayhem Fest tomorrow, I'm trying to find the best way to sneak my stuff in.

I used to just hide it in my crotch area, they don't usually look twice at me.
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

it's only professional gear you're not allowed to bring in really, like the big SLRs. anything else is fine
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
Quote by schecter92

That's providing you don't get the one gay security guard.
Should that happen, I'd recommend you pre-lube your cornhole to make it slightly more bearable
ohai little sig.
If they don't stop you with one type of camera they won't stop you with any. No camera gets different permissions.

Call them up and ask them if camera's are permitted into the venue.
If they aren't, then I don't suggest trying to take it in, most security places let you won't take it in. And you never know whether they're going to do thorough checks or not that night.

So yea, best thing to do is 'drug cartel' it in.
Don't bother trying your belt or your socks, they'll check both places.
Or wear big shoes, and slide it all the way down next to your foot and deal with the awful horrible pain as you walk in.
But remember, if they're stopping you with camera's at the door, chances are they security doing barricade will take your camera too if you get it passed.
you should be fine as long as Axl Rose isn't there
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Quote by Demonikk
That's providing you don't get the one gay security guard.
Should that happen, I'd recommend you pre-lube your cornhole to make it slightly more bearable

It depends on whether they use metal detectors or not. If they just pat you down, put it in your back pocket because they can't legally touch your ass because you could claim sexual harassment. If they do use metal detectors, I'd go with the "pooper" method that was mentioned earlier, haha
cell phone.

Or a pad of paper to draw whats going on
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by identityxcrysis
If they don't stop you with one type of camera they won't stop you with any. No camera gets different permissions.

Call them up and ask them if camera's are permitted into the venue.
If they aren't, then I don't suggest trying to take it in, most security places let you won't take it in. And you never know whether they're going to do thorough checks or not that night.

So yea, best thing to do is 'drug cartel' it in.
Don't bother trying your belt or your socks, they'll check both places.
Or wear big shoes, and slide it all the way down next to your foot and deal with the awful horrible pain as you walk in.
But remember, if they're stopping you with camera's at the door, chances are they security doing barricade will take your camera too if you get it passed.

never had my ankle searched by a security guard...police and airport security is a different story.
i always stuff my camera down my shirt when going to a concert... security can pat you down but there are some areas i'm sure they're not allowed to ;D haha it always works.

+1 for being femalllleee
Quote by dann_blood
You're ginger. The terrible affliction which is a midpoint between all three.
I'm so, so sorry.

Quote by '-tempest-'
Sidewalk Stories. ftw

www.myspace.com/colleenuprising

Colleen
Stick it in the front of your pants or your socks.... LEGALLY they can't check either places without a warrant...
Quote by Smokey Amp
Aren't all voiceovers performed by Morgan Freeman?

I thought that was like a law or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1KI2Bxcx8M
^^^^ Please watch this! we need more views to win $20 000!
Quote by tona_107
never had my ankle searched by a security guard...police and airport security is a different story.

Really?
I've only had my ankle patted down like, once.
But I have had them at least make me pull up my pants a little to show there's no bulges in my socks on multiple occasions.
Crotch it and say you have a big wang and if he asks why its so hard say you're a little turned on by the touching.
if your chubby like me you could wrap it between your belly button and belt buckle
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by identityxcrysis
Really?
I've only had my ankle patted down like, once.
But I have had them at least make me pull up my pants a little to show there's no bulges in my socks on multiple occasions.

i guess now that i think about it more when they pat down your legs they usually, but not always, go all the way down to your socks...so i guess you're right
one concert i went to they were yelling "no cameras, no cameras" i have a bulky camera. so i put it in my pocket and when the security guard patted me down i hugged him with my camera behind his back. he didnt notice and i walked right in.
Quote by Stratoblaster73
I have the same problem, I'm heading down to the Rockstar Energy Mayhem Fest tomorrow, I'm trying to find the best way to sneak my stuff in.

I used to just hide it in my crotch area, they don't usually look twice at me.

the live nations staff wont even frisk you it would only be the venue that cares.they just let me through

and slipknot is crazy even if you dont like them you will respect them for their performance.

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Last edited by mohawkkidJohn at Aug 7, 2008,
Quote by tona_107
i can't see trent caring enough to make the venue restrict cameras. not sure if it's up to him though.

Trent would probably allow any kind of video equipment if he could, but sadly, it's not his choice. It's the decision of the venue.

But, I just realized something - I'm used to getting frisked due to my appearance. I mean, I'm a 6'1 male with hair halfway down my back, a mustache, chops, and I wear a lotttt of black. But, I'm going to a Nine Inch Nails concert, where there are bound to be people who look far more sketchy than I. So, I probably don't need to worry about a frisking. As long as I treat the security with respect, I should be fine.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.