that should work perfectly fine.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Good because I fell in love with the looks!

Also reviews in Ultimate-Guitar all have average of 9.5 so I thought I'd be a pretty nice guitar to get...
PRS SE Custom 24
Albion TCT 35
Focusrite iTrack Solo
i've always wanted that. that's a very good guitar. too bad it's not in production anymore.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
i had one before, i didnt like the sound i was getting out of it so i returned it. but IMO you can do better for the money
I read somewhere that this model (SZ520) was discontinued, is this true?
PRS SE Custom 24
Albion TCT 35
Focusrite iTrack Solo
Quote by ramodkk
I read somewhere that this model (SZ520) was discontinued, is this true?

Correct, replaced by the SZR series. Most players think the SZR is not as good as the SZ which I agree with; each to their own though. The SZ is a kick ass guitar, with a pickup swap, it's great!
Quote by Mwoit
Correct, replaced by the SZR series. Most players think the SZR is not as good as the SZ which I agree with; each to their own though. The SZ is a kick ass guitar, with a pickup swap, it's great!

There are advantages to the SZR, even though I loathe Ibanez for even making them production guitars:
-thicker body = more sustain
-neck joint is bulkier which also contributes to tone (probably a wamer tone)
-Neodymium pickups
-Les Paul scale (24 3/4, some people like that)

I wish they kept the body shape of the SZ though...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by ramodkk
Hey guys, I'm looking for a new guitar to play mainly blues, jazz, and instrumental rock. Would this Ibanez do the job?

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG2EX2-Electric-Guitar?sku=518872

Thanks in advance

Very good guitar, I've got it in purple, looks amazing. The finish lasts despite me having it for 2 years or so and using it for studio use and home use. It's also a very cheap price you're getting it at. I got mine for £400, but that was a while ago. The sound is very nice, versatile, can do anything from heavy metal to blues.
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
I play an s320, similar body, great feel. It was more than that. That is a sweet looking guitar, and it's quilted... ooooo. Go for it.

As I said before, I never repeat myself.
the SZ series is amazing. It sucks Ibanez discontinued it, but if you can get one, do so; they're really versatile, especially if you throw a coil tap in it, you could probably go from playing free form jazz to playing straight up thrash all with using the same guitar and amp (a bit overstated, but you get the idea).
Wow nice, thanks so far guys.

Looks like I really need to one then, I was also looking at the PRS SE Soapbar which looks very good also. Thing with the Ibanez SZ is that it looks like a PRS IMO. Which is good I mean.
PRS SE Custom 24
Albion TCT 35
Focusrite iTrack Solo
if you're going PRS, go for an american PRS. The SE series is decent, and plays well, but it's nowhere near the quality or sound of a "real" PRS. I'd suggest the SZ over the SE.
Allright thanks everybody. I'll be getting the SZ then
PRS SE Custom 24
Albion TCT 35
Focusrite iTrack Solo
yeah i'd pick it up for that price for sure, i've played around with one before at a music store and it was a pretty good guitar and for that price you're gettin' a good deal.
i agree the new szr series that is replacing the sz series doesn't look as good aesthetically, if anything i'd say it looks ugly, haha.... so if you can get an sz for a good price DO IT.