Alright, I've got an Epiphone Les Paul Custom and I'm thinking about getting a Floyd Rose installed. I've looked around and can't really find any solid prices. So I was wondering

a) How much would it cost to buy and have a Floyd Rose professionally installed

b) Is this a good idea?
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
It's gonna be super expensive, probably more than the actual guitar, but if you want to go ahead, its your guitar.

Personally I don't think of a LP as a shred guitar, I'd rather have something with a thinner neck and 24 frets if it were to have a FR, but there is this one guy (I can't remember his name) who had Gibson install a FR on a LP, in terms of looks its ok.
Rawr! I'm a dinosaur
I think alex lifeson maybe did it?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
I think alex lifeson maybe did it?

he did, as did Neil Schon.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
obviously, it's up to you, cuz it's your guitar, but if I were you, I'd buy a new guitar with a floyd rose as standard, cuz it'll cost you probs lots to put those parts on a guitar which isn't designed for shred, and may not react very well... just my opinion
That might be quite a lot, partly because you never hear of people doing it. I mean, you need to cut out a chunk of the board and then secure the f-r, doing it professionally might not be worth it (just get a 500 quid ibanez), and also not possible.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
It will be VERY expensive! I would dare to guess the cost would be well over 500 USD for such task.

Do yourself a favor and purchase a Agile with Floyd Rose and then switch it with Original ones.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I'm not going to shredding or anything.. but I'd like some kind of tremolo system and I don't want to have to worry about retuning my guitar every time I do anything with the bar
Agile AL-2000 FR. Email Kurt and say you want an OFR on the guitar instead of the LFR.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Not remotely worth doing - you'd have to gouge a huge chunk out of the guitar, also you should also really sand the finish off and get it re-done because it's likely that the cavity edges will get screwed up by the routing process.

To install a decent trem would cost more than the guitar itself.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i'd keep the guitar as it is & buy a new one with a Floyd Rose built in... it wouldn't be worth the time, hassle or money to go carving up an Epiphone

and then you'd have 2 guitars for the price of one
Quote by hminh87
It will be VERY expensive! I would dare to guess the cost would be well over 500 USD for such task.

Do yourself a favor and purchase a Agile with Floyd Rose and then switch it with Original ones.

This. Or custom order one with an OFR from the factory, which will be cheaper even yet.

Another option would be to get the ESP Eclipse with the FR they sell in Japan, but that will run you about $1,500.

But installing that floyd professionally will be some major modifications to your guitar. Plus string spacing on FR's are usually different than on a hardtail bridge, so it could really make your guitar feel totally different. And once you do it you can't go back. Well you can, it will just sound and look like ****.

Basically, just buy a guitar with a FR, and keep the epi.
alright like most of my ideas I guess this was a bad one.. I think I'll look into a guitar that already has one.. thanks for steering me in the right direction
epiphone if i remember made one with a floyd not so long ago and sold pretty well, got good reviews too but you may be better actually lookin on ebay and seeing if one pops up because installing things like FR's can be very expensive.
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs