You can see the guitar (or what is going to be a guitar) here .

Its an ash neckthrough guitar with a maple neck and ebony fretboard. I want an humbucker for the brisge and one single coil for the neck or a single coil sized humbucker. I don't want active pickups. I play on a roland cube 60 witch is not the best amp but as this is my build i don't want to put not so good pickups only because of the amp. I play metal but i also want some versatility. The neck pickup is going to be for cleans. I was looking at dimarzio pickups but im not sure because everyone who uses them has ibanez and play only shred. I also want to shred but want to play rythm. The guitar is probably going to be bright because of the woods so a warm pickup might compensate that.
jb and mini 59 in the neck?
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
have a look on the seymour duncan website they have a wide range and are great pickups for all styles
Duncan makes a bucker sized p-90 called a phat cat. Might be nice for the neck. Dimarzio Tone Zone would be a nice warm bridge pup with enough output to be used for metal.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
Duncan makes a bucker sized p-90 called a phat cat. Might be nice for the neck. Dimarzio Tone Zone would be a nice warm bridge pup with enough output to be used for metal.

I want a single coil size pickup for the neck and the neck pickup is for versatility and cleans. Maybe a stacked single coil because i don't like when single coils are noisy.

Quote by reedplaysgeetar

I have experience with seymour duncan pickups. My guitar has a custom 5 on the bridge and a 59 on the neck.
Quote by reedplaysgeetar

exactly what i was thinking, but there are so many different pickups out there you'd have to go looking around online and trying things out. The Seymour Duncan website is a really site to help you find the right pickup, check there too.