is it me or does this guitar suck? i can't shred real fast and my hand gets tired easy with this guitar. i just aint feeling the action. is it posssible to not be a decent guitar player because you don't have big hands? mine aren't small like a rabbit or midget but... i guess i need to find a guitar with a skinny neck. this kevin bond they didn't have any in stock at guitar center when i wanted to buy. didn't get a chance to test it out before i bought. i have two guitar options that might fit my needs better. i play mostly death metal... drop tune c and b. my choices are the jackson dkmg and the esp mh-400nt.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH400NT-Electric-Guitar-?sku=516685

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DKMG-Dinky?sku=512231
if your tuning to something like B, id take the esp/ltd

floyd rose style trems can be hard to set up anyway, but become even worse when your tuning lower imo
Top lel.
Quote by the memory
if your tuning to something like B, id take the esp/ltd

floyd rose style trems can be hard to set up anyway, but become even worse when your tuning lower imo

are you referring to the kevin bond concerning tuning issues with a floyd rose or the jackson dkmg?
Well for starters its a signature model, which means your playing a guitar to someone else's specs. Find something to your own and you'll like it better.
RULE BRITANNIA
I say you try out those 2 guitars along with some others and pick one that you feel the most comfortable playing
I have to say the DKMG is very nice to play, but I do have fairly large hands so it's hard to give a good opinion on this matter
ohai little sig.
I have a Dkmg and it kicks ass, the floyd stays in tune perfectly. I haven't tried the Esp though (or any other esp for that matter, god our guitar shops suck where I live...)
Quote by lust of decay
are you referring to the kevin bond concerning tuning issues with a floyd rose or the jackson dkmg?

the jacksons trem is actually good, i own one
im saying that for low tunings (like B), you would be better off with a string through/tune o matic guitar like the esp/ltd you mentioned
Top lel.
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
I have a Dkmg and it kicks ass, the floyd stays in tune perfectly. I haven't tried the Esp though (or any other esp for that matter, god our guitar shops suck where I live...)

i love the way the dkmg looks... never owned a guitar with a floyd rose and a whammy bar. is the dkmg light? think i can throw some 11 or 12 gauge strings on there, drop dune and be fine. does it have low crunchy tone?
Quote by lust of decay
i love the way the dkmg looks... never owned a guitar with a floyd rose and a whammy bar. is the dkmg light? think i can throw some 11 or 12 gauge strings on there, drop dune and be fine. does it have low crunchy tone?

Well it does have the 81 & 85 EMG set so yes the tone is quite "crunchy". It's not that heavy, at least nowhere near the weight of a les paul for instance.
Quote by Delanoir
Let this be a lesson to never buy a guitar without trying it out first.

+1. You never know what your getting.

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
Quote by lust of decay

yeh its pretty light weight wise, feels like im holding air compared to my peavey ahaha

as long as you arent changing tuning a lot, have thicker strings and get some extra springs for the trem cavity it should be fine
Top lel.
Quote by the memory
yeh its pretty light weight wise, feels like im holding air compared to my peavey ahaha

as long as you arent changing tuning a lot, have thicker strings and get some extra springs for the trem cavity it should be fine

i think i'm gonna go with the dkmg... probably black. the blue looks pretty sweet too.

does this guitar have a thin neck?
A setup can make a huge change. The Jackson don't have Ibanez thin necks, but there are not many guitars that do. The Jackson are close to be as thin, and are as thin as any ESP neck, but they are often a bit wider than most. Ibanez are small and narrow, ESP have a little more beef than Ibanez, and Schecters tend to be a bit smaller than your average Gibson. If you're going to down tune though, why not get the DKMGT? Same guitar, just with a different bridge.
I know this is a bit off topic but are you looking for a new guitar because your KB Jackson got dinged? No offense or sarcasm here, just wondering because my friend did the same with his KE3 after he found a chip on the body that was made while it was at the shop.
yeh, the jacksons neck is pretty thin, but its wider than most necks too

i have the black one!
Top lel.
soooo... ibanez has a thinner neck... anybody recommend an ibanez for what i'm looking for?
you might not like the thin-ness of ibanez necks
i know a few people who don't
Top lel.