Okay, for some of you people that may say, "This isn't that good of an amp..." or something stupid... this is my "step-up" from a Spider III 30W. So i'm pretty excited, and i want to share my upgrade with the world.

And notice that tiny bashed in part on the middle of the right side of it... because of that, i got this for almost $50 less used price on eBay.
(Ignore the crappy quality, it's my cell phone camera... . Amp actually looks good as new.)

I'm planning on ordering a WGS Veteran 30 speaker for it within the next few days.

And i've heard something about changing the tubes in it, also... should i do that, or does it matter that much? And if so, what kind?
It says it comes with "12AX7 preamp and 6L6GC power amp tubes", if that helps.
O O

___
Last edited by TheBax at Aug 7, 2008,
I'd stick in some EHX high gain preamp tubes, they're like £6 each and really add a lot of gain to the amp
ohai little sig.
Quote by Demonikk
I'd stick in some EHX high gain preamp tubes, they're like £6 each and really add a lot of gain to the amp

Thanks stratdud39

Okay, cool. Yeah, this thing isn't really the KING of gain or anything, haha.

Anyone else recommend those tubes, or any other ones? I'm open to suggestions.
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
Thanks stratdud39

Okay, cool. Yeah, this thing isn't really the KING of gain or anything, haha.

Anyone else recommend those tubes, or any other ones? I'm open to suggestions.

Tung Sols and JJ's are decent for this amp. You will have to let me know how the speaker swap goes for ya...Sound/tone wise that is...Rock on man
Epiphone Les Paul Custom(antique white, SD hot rod set zebra, no pickguard)
ESP LTD EC401(tobacco sunburst, SD Distortion pups)
Epiphone EJ 200(sunburst)
Fender DG100(natural)
Applause Strat (copy red)
Digitech RP500
Boss TU2 Tuner
btw put a patch cable (or any cable) going into both your FX in and FX out jacks creating a loop. its surprising how much clearer the sound it
nice...
VKs aren't really as bad as people make them out to be...
i've played through several and they sound pretty decent...
especially at the prices they sell for...

get an EQ pedal...
works wonders, and you can get them fairly cheap...
it's NOT a NGD it's a NEW AMP DAY (NAD).
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by strangedogs

I was just going to say that.
You should mod the heck out of that thing and see how unVK like you can make it
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Are those tubes cnemi22 recommended good for a more gain? Because, it's doing underoath really well right now... but i play a LOT more AFI, and not they're sound on CDs, they're live sound.

And if you don't know what there live sound is like, Jade uses a Mesa/Boogie Dual Rec, so it's pretty high gain. So, i basically want some high gain tubes, but not like BR00L4LZ.... just, for lack of a better word, "hot" and "crispy" haha, if you get what i mean.

Thanks.

Quote by strangedogs

Oh... sorry I thought it meant New Gear Day... oops. Well, now i know
O O

___
Quote by TheBax

Oh... sorry I thought it meant New Gear Day... oops. Well, now i know
You're fine with "NGD."