Poll Options
View poll results: Wrong?
yes
9 9%
no
86 90%
Voters: 96.
Page 1 of 2
So, My mom's car broke down and she's borrowing a car from the mechanic until her car's fixed. Now, the guy that owns the car has some good CDs, like some beatles and Zeppelin. I'm ripping the CDs to my computer. I'm gonna give put them back when I'm done though. I feel kinda wrong about this, what do you think? Poll up
yes it is or yes it isnt wrong?

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Rule #1-People in The Pit have no morals

Rule #2- Finders keepers

Rule#3- "losers weapers" wasn't attached to Rule #2 as you are going to put the CD's back when you are finished

Rule#4- There is nothing wrong with what you are doing
I wouldn't worry about it. If he has good music, he must be cool, and thus by the transitive property he shouldn't care.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
If you think it's wrong, throw your computer out of the window.

+1
Welcome to a little thing called 'music pirating.' The rest of us on the internet have been doing this for years.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
This is not what I was expecting to read when I saw "moral question". If you have this much trouble deciding over something like this....the next few years of your life are gonna be AWESOME lol
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by MuffinMan
Welcome to a little thing called 'music pirating.' The rest of us on the internet have been doing this for years.

some of us want a chance at becoming famous in the music industry

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by stinger12345
This is not what I was expecting to read when I saw "moral question". If you have this much trouble deciding over something like this....the next few years of your life are gonna be AWESOME lol

I'm gonna do it anyways, I just wanna know if it's wrong or not, I feel as though It is, I'm ripping them as I speak.
If they've already been payed for, I see no harm.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Lol. Probably wouldve helped if you asked this question before you actually did it.

But anyways, no I would not say its bad; its ok to do as far the guy is concerned. Now if you consider that stealing music; then its different.
Quote by guitardude34875
So, My mom's car broke down and she's borrowing a car from the mechanic ]until her car's fixed. Now, the guy that owns the car has some good CDs, like some beatles and Zeppelin. I'm ripping the CDs to my computer. I'm gonna give put them back when I'm done though. I feel kinda wrong about this, what do you think? Poll up
all the stuff in bold is meaningless.

this is no more or less wrong than ripping music from discs you borrowed from a friend.

if you think that's wrong, this is too.
if you don't this isn't either.

/thread.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
SYK, it may be meaningless when you think about it, but a bit of backstory is always nice.
Quote by Fishyesque

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by InvaderTSN

invader, you are the first one to use that smiley in one of my threads, you get 1/2 internets!!!!
Quote by dgme92
If they've already been payed for, I see no harm.

99% of the music available for download on the internet will have already been paid for.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
i have no problem stealing money from atlantic records, especially because all the cd's are already in wide circulation.

my policy is if its a big band, steal it.

but if its a little indie group where your $10 is going to fund their next meal, just pay the ****ing musicians...
Rock is Dead.

Gear:
Epiphone LPC
Vox AD50VT

Whats the meanest you can be,
To the ones you claim to love,
And still smile to your newfound friends?
Quote by dgme92
SYK, it may be meaningless when you think about it, but a bit of backstory is always nice.
tru dat.

i suppose i was just disappointed in the back-story.
i saw "Moral Question", broke-down car, and Mechanic.
i was hoping sex was involved.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
moral question?
you immoral bastard!
keep those cd's

yes you should be feeling bad for putting them back!!!

that was what you meant no?
Every form of control over another person is a crime

AEK Athens
Asteras Exarcheion
Prasini Thyella
Rayo Vallecano

RED MILITIA-Vamos a Vencer
Quote by Lemoninfluence
99% of the music available for download on the internet will have already been paid for.

Let's not go down this ridiculous examples path again...

I know it has been paid for. Someone will have had to have bought it in order for it to have found it's way onto the internet. But at the moment, TS's asking about ripping CD's, and never once indicated that they would wind up on Limewire or something like that.

I sense an argument in the making.
Quote by Fishyesque

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
So long as you don't damage them, you ain't going to hell. Don't worry your little head

Personally I'd keep the fuckers.

Quote by dgme92

I know it has been paid for. Someone will have had to have bought it in order for it to have found it's way onto the internet. But at the moment, TS's asking about ripping CD's, and never once indicated that they would wind up on Limewire or something like that.

Capitalism is broken. It relies on supply vs. demand, and thanks to digital media, the supply part is now infinite.

The only people who suffer are the people greedy enough to expect to get rich from a few songs they wrote years ago.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
tru dat.

are you suggesting that you expected he got raped by a hairy mechanic in the middle of the street or are you implyin smth about the dudes mom?

you sick bastard

AEK Athens
Asteras Exarcheion
Prasini Thyella
Rayo Vallecano

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
tru dat.

Doesn't everybody?

"He only takes one kind of pay for fixing up cars... Sexual favours"
Quote by Fishyesque

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by Vermintide
So long as you don't damage them, you ain't going to hell. Don't worry your little head

Personally I'd keep the fuckers.

well, the owner has known me my whole life, my parents and grandparents for over 20 years, that's be a bad idea.

EDIT: I mean the owner of the shop, not the owner of the car. Noone in my family even knows him.
you should get the guys permission first im sure he'll be cool with it
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by KenMasters
are you suggesting that you expected he got raped by a hairy mechanic in the middle of the street or are you implyin smth about the dudes mom?

you sick bastard
right pronounciation, wrong spelling: SYK Bastard.

and does it have to be either / or?
can't the story have both?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by metallicafan616
some of us want a chance at becoming famous in the music industry
Then talent is what you need, not a holier-than-thou attitude. Wait.. famous? Forget what I said about talent. Keep that attitude. It sells.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
right pronounciation, wrong spelling: SYK Bastard.

and does it have to be either / or?
can't the story have both?

can it also include a fluffy sheep and a raped cow?

yes, a cow, that's it!

AEK Athens
Asteras Exarcheion
Prasini Thyella
Rayo Vallecano

Quote by dgme92

there's no difference between downloading off the internet and ripping someone else's CDs apart from you can choose your own quality. anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves into believing what they are doing isn't the same as the evil internet pirate.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
there's no difference between downloading off the internet and ripping someone else's CDs apart from you can choose your own quality. anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves into believing what they are doing isn't the same as the evil internet pirate.
Exactly. The internet is just your cool friend with the big music collection.
Quote by MuffinMan
Exactly. The internet is just your cool friend with the big music collection.

This guy is right; the internet is serious business.

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
Quote by Lemoninfluence

If the CD's are going to be used only by you, then there is a difference.
With internet downloading, you are also becoming a seed for whoever wants the same song you've just downloaded.
With ripping to your computer, it's only spread around if you already have a file sharing program on your computer, which is the illegal part.
Quote by Fishyesque

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
why would you feel wrong? he wont know unless you tell him.

if you did tell him he wouldnt care anyway
Page 1 of 2