So,
I´m about to buy a new guitar.
I´ve been thinking about getting a schecter.
I need some help, they don´t have just one model !!....hehe

Ok, so I play mostly metal.

What about the schecter damien ?.
Any other suggestions in that pricerange ??.
I've only had experience with the Blackjack and C-1. Incredible, both of them
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
yea schecters are really good quality guitars. theyre best in metal but they can do a lot of other things too
Awesome choice man, Schecter's rock. I have been dying to try the B-2 model.
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

What's your budget?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
well, about 500-1000$

What do you guys think of Schecter compared with Ibanez, Jackson, ESP.......
Schecter Damien or Schecter c-1 blackjack.

What do you guys think??.
S-1 Diamond Series
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Can someone tell me the differens between the seymour duncans and the EMG´s.

Schchter Damien= EMG
Schecter blackjack= SD
Quote by type666
Can someone tell me the differens between the seymour duncans and the EMG´s.

Schchter Damien= EMG
Schecter blackjack= SD

the emg's are cheap and not that great, and are not even Hz's...
the seymour ducan's in the blackjacks are Seymour Duncan Black Out's, a very respectable active pick up
Few Q's...

1) What is your current amp and guitar?
2) Have you ever tried any Schecter guitars out in person? They have rather fat necks IMO, it's rather subjective. The user above me may love them but I personally dislike them.
3) Do you play any other music other than metal? Do you require versatility?
4) Do you require a floating trem for divebombs or such? Or do you require a hardtail guitar because you change tunings on a regular basis?
5) Have you ever considered any other brands? At $1000, you have a wide range of brands and guitars to choose from.

---

Few suggestions from brands in a sub $1000 bracket....

- ESP LTD EC-1000
- ESP LTD MH-1000
- Schecter Hellraiser C-1
- Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
- Schecter Blackjack C-1 FR ATX
- Ibanez RG2550Z
- Ibanez RGA121
- Jackson DKMG
i just purchased a schecter omen extreme floyd rose.. it played beautifully in the store and it is extremely cheap and plays just as well as some of the esp's or ibanez that are alot more expensive.
Damien is good but I prefer C-1 Hellraiser Sunset. There's something about the flat glossy body with Floyd that makes me so hot.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Well Mwoit, to answer your questions.

1, I have an Ibanez RG 650 (I think), it´s about 6 years old. The neck is called Wizard i belive.
My amp is a Randall RG75w. It sounds good.

2, No, I haven´t tried any Schecter guitar, because i´ts hard to come across here in our local musicstores. (I live in Sweden).
I´ve heard about those fat necks, that is a bit worrying. I like the neck on my RG, but I don´t think that I can´t deal with the Schecter necks, unless the differense is huge.

3, I play say 80% metal. My goal is to get a guitar that fits mostly that style of music.

4, No, i don´t require a floating trem. I´ve got that on my Ibanez, that´s enough.

5, Yes, I thought about maybe another Ibanez, Rg or S series. I don´t know anything about ESP. But I kinda got stuck in the Schecter department.
I'm willing to bet you'd love a hellraiser.
Schecter C-1 XXX (with SD Dave Mustaine Livewire Actives)
Roland Cube 60
cough...cough.....c1-hellraiser...cough....cough
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
get the blackjack FR. comes with duncan jb/jazz, MUCH more versatile than EMGs. SOLID guitar, feels amazing, i think they run about $500-600.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
I have a C-1 exotic star (snow leopard model) very beautiful guitar in person, pictures don't do it justice.

The neck on it is thinner than a hellraiser, which is more comfortable for me. I may have gone with the hellraiser otherwise. Orginally I had wanted EMGs but after playing with the Exotic star pick-ups I thought they were more versatile and even liked the tone more...shockingly.

If you don't need a tremelo you might want to consider one. It has an ebony fretboard too! )
Keep in mind, if you're looking at the Blackjacks, they have to different types.

The Original Blackjack series comes with the Seymour Duncan JB & Jazz set. A very popular set for a variety of music styles.

The newer Blackjack ATX series comes with Seymour Duncan Blackouts. Active pickups made by SD to compete with the EMG active pickups. Although I like EMGs as well, I tip my hat toward the Blackouts due to their better, more organic sounding tone.

The JB/Jazz set and the Blackouts are going to sound very different from each other. Although each will do metal fine, be sure to try both so you have an idea of the differences and which ones would suite your style better.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Oh... And if you not into the abalone bindings and EMG then I would recommend Schecter Classic. It has Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz and NECK-THRU construction. Not to mention the gorgeous Tree of Life Inlay.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

i have a schecter C-1 Plus and a C-1 Hellraiser, both amazing guitars, ive played other C-1's as well, they are a big step up in the schecter series, you get professional sound and playability for a low price, but if you get a lower end schecter you will just end up upgrading to a nicer one later, why waste time and money?
This Armor Plated Raging Beast
Born of Steal and Metal
It Will Survive Against All Odds
Stampeding On Forever...

Judas Priest- Heavy Metal
Hellraiser.

/thread
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
well i have a tempest custom(hence profile name, and i do love it that much)i would get this guitar again, i have the white one which is beuatiful and i would really like to own the black one as well. for the money i think the tempset is the best chioce, btw i play metal all the time on this thing. the price was 550 but i think it went up to 600 but idk you'll have to look around i really like all schecter guitars.
Last edited by -tempest- at Aug 11, 2008,
all shecters are good guitars.. its weird how not alot of people think of them when they think guitar.

i would try them out first if you can but youll probably like both of em lol
Quote by takeapicture

YOU CAN ALL SUCK MY 3 INCH WILLY

Quote by primusfan
i'm the one pulling my own pants down in front of people. and i have a small penis.

Quote by imdeth
Penises look much better than vaginas in my opinion. A vagina looks like an axe wound.
Quote by Epiphany521
yea schecters are really good quality guitars. theyre best in metal but they can do a lot of other things too

*chokes on water*

Best? Laugh out loud.

Jacksons are good, Ibanez, Dean.... BC rich is basicly the same as shector in terms of quality.
Quote by nan0
*chokes on water*

Best? Laugh out loud.

Jacksons are good, Ibanez, Dean.... BC rich is basicly the same as shector in terms of quality.

i meant theyre best genre is metal, as in its their specialty. not "they are THE best in metal". read it again