Page 1 of 2
BEIJING—In an 11th-hour move that shocked the international athletic and political communities alike, the Chinese Olympic Team announced Wednesday that it will not be attending the XXIX Olympiad in Beijing due to "shocking, shameful, and ultimately dangerous environmental conditions" in the host city.

"Given the unconscionably bad environmental state of the area in and around the site of the 2008 Summer Games, we cannot in good conscience allow Chinese athletes to compete in China," said Olympic committee spokesman Sun Weide. "We deeply apologize to China for the bitter disappointment they will feel at not being represented in these Games. However, we place the blame squarely on China for their failure to prepare a suitable venue for international competition."

"Frankly, it seems to me that in terms of air quality, water purity, and general contamination, Beijing is barely even capable of supporting human life, let alone strenuous activities such as team sports, swimming, and long-distance running," added Weide, who has lived in Beijing all his life. "We can only hope our refusal to compete in this city will result in real change for its long-suffering residents."

Weide's sentiments were echoed by other high-ranking members of China's Olympic athletic community.

"China's Olympic athletic community should be deeply ashamed of itself," said Zhang Tianbai, deputy director of the PRC's Athletic Sciences and Education Department and director of China's Olympic Committee. "When factories have to be shut down for a month beforehand just to clear the air, when automobile traffic is artificially thinned to reduce smog, when thousands of uniformed men have to dredge the river mere days before the regatta, in a city that is supposed to be the pride of a nation and the athletic center of the world for two weeks—disgusting is not too strong a word."

Director Tianbai joined Li Furong, vice president of the Chinese Olympic Committee, in calling for the immediate resignation and possible indictment of the entire Chinese Olympic Committee.

The 639 athletes chosen to represent China were informed Wednesday night that they would not in fact be competing in Beijing. Although all were shocked at the suddenness of the decision, most took the news stoically.

"I was very much looking forward to making China proud," said 100-meter hurdling champion Liu Zhang, who had expected to defend his gold medal in Beijing. "But, if I am honest, China should be ashamed of itself."

"I shall regret this for the rest of my life, but I think the current conditions Beijing are currently worse than the ones I encounter in my polluted, petroleum-fume-choked home town," said Rockets center Yao Ming, easily the team's most prominent athlete. "Which is Beijing. Things have gotten even worse since I moved."

"It brings me great sorrow to say this, as I had hoped that Chinese athletes would return from Beijing triumphant, having demonstrated our nation's greatness on a global stage," Hu Jintao, president and paramount leader of the People's Republic of China. "However, China's blatant disregard for its responsibility to the basic health, welfare, and safety of its Olympic participants has forced us to withdraw China's athletes for their own protection, and I urge the Olympic teams of all other nations to do the same."

China's Olympic team will spend one last night in their Olympic quarters before returning Friday to Beijing, where they will resume training for next year's Pan-American Games.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
You can't prove that people DON'T walk on water. turn water into wine etc.
Source? I smell BS.
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

And where was this report from?
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
What happened, china? You used to be cool.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Wow, way to bitch out. Why host in your own country if you don't even want to compete?

EDIT: I can't find anything on the net so until I do or see it when I watch the news then China, your still cool.

EDIT2: wow you got me ts. **** YEAH CHINA WIN SOME MEDALS!
H e l l o .
Last edited by kitty_teh_fish at Aug 7, 2008,
link?

there's nothing on BBC
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
haha china even your own people dont like you

im sorry china please dont hurt me
Sig space available, give me some praise
i don't believe you. we need a source link.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Link?

If they really did that the Chinese government will ****ing murder them and their families
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington

Well thats retarded.
A good move to get the ball rolling as far as re-generation is concerned.
Not good for those who made the decision.

They gettin punished man.
Quote by Kensai
What happened, china? You used to be cool.

China still coo, we compete later! Later! Like when 100 metre sprinters can see end of track through the pollution...Later!
Zeppelinism Extremist, PM TheHeartbreaker to join

...and the victim screameth, saying "Hast thou not heard of elastoplast?!"
Quote by P-Bass Pirate
i don't believe you. we need a source link.

this, i call bs
Quote by gu1t4rh3r0
One of my friends said to the principle once,
"NO! The voices tell me not to talk to you!" *Runs away on all fours*
The principle eventually caught up to him and gave him a drug test.
F v c k you China, F v c k you....

If the place is deemed to dangerous/unhealthy for the chinese team, then it should be for every other country that is competing. Cancel the whole god damn thing.

Either that or the chinese are just pussies.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Either the TS can't tell satire from fact or he was trying to be funny.

Or maybe he was seeing how many people would believe such an obviously satirical article.

The answer is at least 5.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
You can't prove that people DON'T walk on water. turn water into wine etc.
EDIT: Nevermind.

Meh, it isn't very funny. To me it would only be funny if it was true.
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
I must admit, I was very shocked. But it's definitely BS.

Edit: Way to go TS, you're the best. I wish I had the balls to trick people on an internet forum.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
china wouldn't let them do that,
and when you consider they were all born raised and trained in china...
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by Ur all $h1t
IT'S FAKE

Here's the source http://www.theonion.com/content/news/citing_poor_conditions_china a satirical newspaper. Either the TS can't tell satire from fact or he was trying to be funny.

Aaahhh, now it all makes sense. Damn you Onion, always raising my hopes and then dashing them just as my self-esteem is at the level where I may be able to leave the house, but still kinda at the point where i could easily slip back into my terrible ways, which I more often than not do after seeing theese satirical stories.

Damn you indeed.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Something tells me that this would have been in the news all day, considering it's such a huge development, and was announced more than a day ago.
lol, way to bull**** man.

but i believe you'll have a bright future in the media industry.
peanuts and beers
Quote by Randy Bobandy
F v c k you China, F v c k you....

Either that or the chinese are just pussies.

Are you from Canada?
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

i smell a rat

theres nothing on google about it at all

theres a chinese weightlifter who pulled out, but thats it
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit