Thinking about getting one of these pre-owned to replace my crappy edge III in my RG370DX.

This is the quality of it -

Does it look ok?

Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
It looks ok, but the Edge Pro II isn't exactly that much better than the III.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Quote by Generalpwnt
It looks ok, but the Edge Pro II isn't exactly that much better than the III.

+1, but they're the best low range Ibanez trem (LO-TRS I and II and Edge III<EPII)
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
What about a LO-TRS II? Are they any good and can replace an edge III with little modification to the guitar?
Gear

It's all I need.

bad. very very bad.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
So you would reccomend an original edge or edge pro II?
Gear

It's all I need.

Last edited by SamTotman at Aug 7, 2008,
Original>most other floyds including (possibly) the OFR
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Edge Pro II isn't a very spectacular trem, and i wouldnt buy a used one if at all I recomend getting an OFR, because thats a direct swap for the III, or an Edge Pro if it fits ( I cant remember how it compares the the OFR)

Original Edge is still the King IMO, just harder to come by these days
If I could get hold of an original edge, would it be a direct swap with an edge III?
Gear

It's all I need.

I only know that the OFR is a direct swap as is the Gotoh Licensed FR, and (I think) the schaller licensed FR.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by SamTotman
If I could get hold of an original edge, would it be a direct swap with an edge III?

The answer is no.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by SamTotman

It would be close, i think. If i remember correctly, the EDGE and EDGE III were both designed after the OFR, correct me if im wrong there Then the lo-pro and edge pro were introduced with a lower profile, and then the ZR Trem came along. now Edge Zero!
Edge and OFR are very different. Stud spacing, dimensions, block size. The Edge wasn't designed after anything in particular. It's a genuine system which works on a principle outlined in the FR patent, but there's no "inspiration". Edge is better than OFR in any conceivable way, but it's not that the Ibanez team took an OFR and fixed its mistakes. They just made their own the way they thought it should be, and as a result it wasn't intended to retrofit with anything.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!