... hurt the speakers?

I'm using a fender blues deluxe 1x12 40 watt amp, and a Fender Bullet Bass Deluxe.

Ayudarme!
Dorkus.
yes, your amp could die :O

guitar -> bass amp = ok
bass -> guitar amp = DOOM (eventually anyways)
DONT DO IT!

Guitar->Bass amp = okay
Bass->Guitar amp =NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edit: beaten to it
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
my god people you guys have said the exact same thing like five times... i think he gets it...
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
why is it bad? and if so i guess drop d or c would wear out an amp slightly quicker than standard?
Quote by C.C. Deville
my god people you guys have said the exact same thing like five times... i think he gets it...

Well the first three posts were posted at the same time... chill out dude!

And its bad because guitar amps are designed to handle the frequencies produced by basses.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
why is it bad? and if so i guess drop d or c would wear out an amp slightly quicker than standard?

Its not the amp that gets worn/f u c k e d, its the speaker. You could get a guitar head and run it through bass speakers and it would be fine. Its just that speakers for guitar amps can't handle the low frequencies of a bass.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton

drop C is different than a low E on a bass. maybe if you tuned your guitar to drop G or something you might see some damage.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
sorry but "handle the frequencies" is a bs anwser from somebody that doesnt know and wish he did dont be afraid to get technical
Quote by Randy Bobandy
Its not the amp that gets worn/f u c k e d, its the speaker. You could get a guitar head and run it through bass speakers and it would be fine. Its just that speakers for guitar amps can't handle the low frequencies of a bass.

how could it hurt the speaker the coil can only push/pull as hard as the current going through it which is dependant on the power amp if anything higher frequencies would introduce more energy into the driver because the max push/pull would be coming more often
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
how could it hurt the speaker the coil can only push/pull as hard as the current going through it which is dependant on the power amp if anything higher frequencies would introduce more energy into the driver because the max push/pull would be coming more often

never mind i looked it up myself low frequencies pushing out and pulling in longer cause the driver to extend past its normal elastic limits making the speaker surround and spider wear out faster boo ya to myself sir
I played my bass through my MG and it sounded better than using any of my guitars.

But I don't know, Meshuggah tune down to a low F with their 8 strings, and I don't think their amps are dying.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton

The low frequencies are the ones that make the speaker cone to move back and forward very pronouncedly not the high frequencies, which are produced in the speaker center and generate little movements in the speaker cone.

It's only pure physics! Low frequency, high wave length. High frequency, low have length.

If u play a bass thru a guitar amp and put it loud, you can simply destroy the speaker!
Quote by RG_FANMAN
I played my bass through my MG and it sounded better than using any of my guitars.

But I don't know, Meshuggah tune down to a low F with their 8 strings, and I don't think their amps are dying.

it's still entirely different.

Notice how bass strings are about 10 times bigger than strings on an 8string guitar? Basses have a much higher lower frequency response, 8 string guitars do not.
This makes me wonder what my octave downage on my digitech whammy pedal will do to my amp, let alone dive bombing.
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Avatar cab with Man O War, Black Powder speakers
Schecter 20th Aniv. Stealth #07 out of 100
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
never mind i looked it up myself low frequencies pushing out and pulling in longer cause the driver to extend past its normal elastic limits making the speaker surround and spider wear out faster boo ya to myself sir

Or in other words, they are not designed to handle the frequencies that are produced by a bass... therefore, my answer was correct.

Don't go around talking **** to people and acting all high and mighty when they gave a legitimate answer and you yourself had no clue what the answer was.