Well, I think I've decided to get a KP3 as a reward for good exam results, but I have a couple of questions before i (through the parents ) fork out £300.

First thing's first, it is not for guitar effects, I will use it for this reason but only rarely and as a bonus. I'm into electronica and I'm looking for it to be used as a sampler, to mix and mash samples etc. and create my own mixes and jams and beats etc.

Is it worth it for these reasons alone? And, how easy is it to sample tracks from an mp3/m4a/wma file?

Is there any low cost computer software I can use to isolate each track on a music track?
i just wanted to let you know that i'm very jealous. have you seen those youtube videos of guys who modded them into their guitar...now THAT'S classy.
glad to see you aren't buying a Kaoss pad just because Matt Bellamy has one on guitar.

Korg make some excellent products and the Kaoss Pad is made to play samples and create beats etc so i don't see any problems you'll have. You might want to save money and get the KP2, it's still a quality unit and much cheaper now it's a older model.

i can't help you with your question about the software though, sorry.
Quote by thellamaking
glad to see you aren't buying a Kaoss pad just because Matt Bellamy has one on guitar.

Korg make some excellent products and the Kaoss Pad is made to play samples and create beats etc so i don't see any problems you'll have. You might want to save money and get the KP2, it's still a quality unit and much cheaper now it's a older model.

i can't help you with your question about the software though, sorry.

Thanks, I'll look into it. There's not a lot of places I can try one around here but I found a place close-by, I'll check it out and have a go at the weekend.

And lol at Muse reference. Yeah I will try effects but thats not what I'm getting it for. Unfortunately, unlike him, I don't have the money to spend simply to do "space age effects" that I'll use twice.
when you go to try out the KP ask one of the staff to give you a demo showing you how it works in general it's better than leaving you to fiddle around with it yourself not knowing what to do.

Be sure that he knows you're very serious about buying it too.