Does it make a difference. I know that if you play closer to the bridge then it has a difference, but is there much difference between playing on the 15th fret and playing above the pickups?

Example, here is Lightning Wentz playing near what looks like the 16th-18th fret

You gotta love him right
Its too bad his sig bass, has one knob, and has a ****ty logo. If it was flat black with that pickguard and a maple neck, I would have that bass.Its more bassy to play towards the neck, and more trebly to play near the bridge.
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
Fender American Precison W/Quarter pounders
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
Just want to make sure I have this right.
you're asking if you play on the neck(actually picking the strings somewhere on the neck) if it will sound different then when you play on the bridge?
Wentz

Where you pick makes a huge difference to the tone. Try it and see for yourself. I prefer playing directly over the pickup usually.
Quote by JobyByTheNight
Its too bad his sig bass, has one knob, and has a ****ty logo. If it was flat black with that pickguard and a maple neck, I would have that bass.Its more bassy to play towards the neck, and more trebly to play near the bridge.

Aside from that HUGE logo, that's one sexy bass

Quote by Bottle of Dirt
Just want to make sure I have this right.
you're asking if you play on the neck(actually picking the strings somewhere on the neck) if it will sound different then when you play on the bridge?

Yes. This.

Quote by smb
Where you pick makes a huge difference to the tone. Try it and see for yourself. I prefer playing directly over the pickup usually.

Yeah, but I can't use my amp atm so I can't tell atm

Quote by BulletFrost
I smell a troll

Not me

Thanks for all the help guys
I don't know...smells rather trollish to me.

Thread closed. You want to be taken seriously? Try not talking about Petey Wentz.