what is your price range?

and are you willing to go down in size and wattage?
Ive said it before, low cost half stacks blow ass compared to a decent combo. And besides, i dont think you need over 60watts for gigging anyways unless its a really big place.
Your better off getting a nice combo.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Quote by LaGrange
Ive said it before, low cost half stacks blow ass compared to a decent combo. And besides, i dont think you need over 60watts for gigging anyways unless its a really big place.

There should just be a button to post this exact message on every thread like this.
Quote by LaGrange

+1
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
The raven is going to be worse than a spider or MG. The first review for the b52 is its better than a MG like thats saying much. The AMC gremlin was better than the ford pinto but wasnt saying much either. For that price range you can get a nice TUBE combo that will sound 10 times better than the cheap SS half stack.
budget? music style? gig or practice?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
For $500 get a used Peavey XXX combo, or a Bugera, or a Peavey Classic 30, or a Valve Junior/senior, or...so on...
Interested in vitamins and their many uses? Visit my site to learn more about vitamins that can give you energy, increased gym performance, increased recovery, and improved overall health (no broscience)
Check it out: Energizedbyvitamins.com
bugera combo ftw.
if you're willing to go used, if you can grab a 5150 combo that would work well for you also.
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
Quote by natel0083
There should just be a button to post this exact message on every thread like this.

Hence my sig. It's a real time saver.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Hence my sig. It's a real time saver.

you should add: what music styles do you play? do you gig or just practice? whats your budget?

that way you can just say read my sig every time one of these threads comes up
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
you should add: what music styles do you play? do you gig or just practice? whats your budget?

that way you can just say read my sig every time one of these threads comes up

done.
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
MG Stack FTW
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
MG Stack FTW

see my sig
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by danyellenik
see my sig

Sorry, that I don't want a 30 watt SS Vox. When I can get a 100000000 watt crushing Marshall halfstack like Wayne Static, Kerry King, and Slash use.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
OK i understand i don't NEED to get a half stack but if i want to then I can get one. I just want to know out of the ones listed which do you guys think is better

Im in a band and we are starting to play a lot more shows, and right now i have a spider 2 30 watt. We play mainly hard rock/punk. I don't want to spend more than $600
Last edited by The Mizfit at Aug 8, 2008,
If you have your heart set on it, the Randall.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by The Mizfit
OK i understand i don't NEED to get a half stack but if i want to then I can get one. I just want to know out of the ones listed which do you guys think is better

Im in a band and we are starting to play a lot more shows, and right now i have a spider 2 30 watt. We play mainly hard rock/punk. I don't want to spend more than $600

Its not only that you don't NEED the power.

Its that cheap 100w half stacks do not sound good, and cheap solid state amps in particular, do not cut through a mix well and sound sterile. I have never seen an exception to this rule. There is a reason these are cheap, and they are built cheap and they will sound cheap. Don't sacrifice a quality sound to look cool onstage with a $500 halfstack.

If you want to go quantity over quality, then so be it. Get the Randall, but once you develop an ear for tone, I can almost guarantee you that you will want to upgrade again.
Last edited by al112987 at Aug 8, 2008,
Get a randall RH150 G3 .
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
yeah i never got the whole "looking cool" part. if anyone at the shows is an actual musician, you wont look cool to them. so that means you would just be trying to impress the people there who know nothing about music and just want to see the band play. no gear will make you look cooler to them hahaha. you just have to put on a good show.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣