Am I the only person who hates when you are listening to a song and some dick-face will be like "That song is sooo old!"

Go to the music store, pick up a CD, and look on the back... NO WHERE on that CD does it say:

"Best if used by 03 Aug 09"

Music does NOT expire.

I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
Um, Black people do that a lot because they all have to listen to the same music most of the time .
I am so going to sell CDs with expiration dates on them some day.
Quote by man_po_po
Um, Black people do that a lot because they all have to listen to the same music most of the time .

Funny thing is, no one says it with bands like The Beatles. But if I play something like Smash Mouth they say it.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
You know what else is old, yet awesome?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEzsPGHsi90

Two finder shred.
While looking at a guitar magazine with some friends.

Quote by Kaleb
DUDE! Is that a Mel Gibson?!

Quote by boreamor
Don't you understand the importance of correct spelling and grammar? It's the online symbol of maturity. And you as sure as hell don't have that.
It doesnt bother me when its disposible pop music,

In all other cases it annoys the **** out of me...
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by TheIceCreamMan
Funny thing is, no one says it with bands like The Beatles. But if I play something like Smash Mouth they say it.

Probably because Smash Mouth is ****.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by TheIceCreamMan

Yes. Most modern radio listeners seem to have to "musical attention span" of about a year and a half. Anything after that is "old.'' They've probably never heard of anything that is actually old i.e. The Beatles, The Who, Zeppelin, etc.
Quote by TheIceCreamMan

because the beatles don't suck, their music can actually transcend a weeks time while remaining relevant.
Quote by man_po_po

eh. they do it because most of them listen to rap or r and b, and most of that stuff is in the moment bull**** that wont mean anything in two or three weeks. i havent heard **** about that superman song recently...

anyway.

yeah man.
especially when im rolling down the street blasting gangsters paradise.
My brother says stuff like that all the time.

He and I have very different music tastes (I listen to a lot of classic rock, metal, and underground kind of music/genres, while he's strictly Hot 100), but every now and then we'll agree on a song. That is, until a few months pass, at which points he decides he only liked it when it was "new and popular."

Makes me wonder if my mother might have had an affair.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Gunpowder

Well i've been obsessed with Phil Collins In the Air Tonight lately...
Its old but who gives a ****!, its ****ing amazing!!! Its timeless!!
The good ol' "So's your mom, but that never stopped me." works.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
No, now suck my ****.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by Gunpowder
My brother says stuff like that all the time.

it's more likely that she just did hardcore drugs while your brother was in utero, due to the extreme level of mental retardation your brother seems to suffer from.
Quote by DaysoftheBlue
Good music doesn't expire,Pop has the shelf life of milk.

You stole mah words bitch!
Quote by DaysoftheBlue
Good music doesn't expire,Pop has the shelf life of milk.

My brother walked in and just mindlessly said that about Pink Floyd. Then later, he found me listening to the Eagles. He just said they suck and theyre really old.

Let's not forget, this is coming from a kid who just bought the Offspring's Greatest Hits.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
You've all identified the problem but have neglected to mention it properly.

You are dealing with people who live in the fast-paced pop world, people follow trends what have you. It's not that it's old, it's probably that it's 'no longer cool' to listen to it. It's all fads.

Whatever. Get over it.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything