Ok, just wondering. I don't have my crate v18 anymore (long story) and I was getting sick of it anyway. Well I played a Blues Jr. before and didn't like at all, bass was extremely muddy, trebel too spikey. And I went with my friend to guitar center and they had a limited edition Blues Jr. NOS and aparently its a limited run. It comes stock with Groove tubes and a Jensen Speaker that sounded aswome. It sells for $550.

Ok so just wondering if anyone knows how long this amp is going to be avaible, just so I know how fast I need to make money if I decide on buying it. (Its either that or a Classic 30)

Thanks Guys!
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
I would rather have a classic 30, but from what ive seen, they have had the NOS ones around for a while now.
Quote by gregs1020
I want to know why you didn't like the crate...

Basicly the crate was on a whim because I needed something nice for around 300-400 bucks and it fit the bill, I upgraded the speaker and it improved alot but still was lacking. So I got rid of it and now have a job soooo I can afford something much better. (don't get me wrong, its a nice amp but there is better.)

Soooo when I first tried the Blues Jr. I liked it but ehhh idk, It was meh and boxy and the stock tubes were crap and so was the speaker and thats unacceptable at 440 bucks.

BUT

With the new speaker and upgraded tubes it sounds a million times better. I would actually jump to say that this may be the first fender i've played where the overdrive is actually good. (Not ok, but GOOD) Not to mention It completely got rid of the muddy lows and sharp frizzy highs. The boxy sound is better but still kinda there.

Also the reason I'm leaning towards the Blues Jr. is because every time I pick up my guitar I find myself using my cleans more and more and I absolutely hate the cleans on the C30. I know what your all thinking right now.... your all like WTF the cleans on the C30 are GREAT. Thats just my opinion. I like my cleans to be thick and bassy. I find the C30 to be the exact opposite. Extremely thin and brittle and too much mid. I do the love the OD on the C30 alot though so I'm still undecided at the moment.
American Strat:
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
H2O Chorus/Echo
First off, Groove tubes aren't upgraded tubes. They come stock in most fender amps these days, and they're pretty mediocre.

But, I understand what you mean about Classic 30 cleans. I'm not a huge fan of them, either, but they are decent. If you've tried this amp, and can still try it, then this is as simple as figuring out whether you like the amp enough to buy it or not.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
First off, Groove tubes aren't upgraded tubes. They come stock in most fender amps these days, and they're pretty mediocre.

But, I understand what you mean about Classic 30 cleans. I'm not a huge fan of them, either, but they are decent. If you've tried this amp, and can still try it, then this is as simple as figuring out whether you like the amp enough to buy it or not.

I know but I'll try to sum up my main issue a little easier. I have played both.

I love Blues and Rock. The Blues Jr. meets more then my expectations on its clean and low to mid gain settings. But when I get in to moderate levels of gain for some classic to more harder rock thats where the C30 takes the cake.

I just dont know what to do. Maybe the Blues Jr. and an OD?
American Strat:
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
H2O Chorus/Echo
Try the blues jr. with an OD pedal to see if it suits your needs. If it does, and you like its cleans better, then that would be the best route.

BTW, That's an excellent guitar in your "coming soon" list.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Try the blues jr. with an OD pedal to see if it suits your needs. If it does, and you like its cleans better, then that would be the best route.

BTW, That's an excellent guitar in your "coming soon" list.

Will do. And thank you about the strat!

lol
Its actually kinda funny. I didn't know the NOS Existed untill I watched this youtube video and I just love the tone he's getting in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFL6YtZxp9M
American Strat:
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
H2O Chorus/Echo
I actually think you should really try out the Crate V50. Its alot different the the v18. I've spent some time with it. The cleans are its strong point IMO, and they're big and bassy just how you said you like them. The OD isnt bad on it either. Try it out. Its even cheaper then the Blue Jr. Its 280 on samash.

EDIT: Also, if you do go for the Blue Jr. , If I were you, I would buy the cheaper normal stock one, and then use the saved money to customize it myself. Just my 2 cents.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Quote by GuitarNinja12
I actually think you should really try out the Crate V50. Its alot different the the v18. I've spent some time with it. The cleans are its strong point IMO, and they're big and bassy just how you said you like them. The OD isnt bad on it either. Try it out. Its even cheaper then the Blue Jr. Its 280 on samash.

EDIT: Also, if you do go for the Blue Jr. , If I were you, I would buy the cheaper normal stock one, and then use the saved money to customize it myself. Just my 2 cents.

Thank you, but I too have spent alot of time with the V50. Its a nice amp for the money and definitly sounds alot like a fender but its not quite there. Plus with 50 watts it wont break up like I would like it to and lower volumes.
American Strat:
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
H2O Chorus/Echo
I find that if use a good metal pedal, Blues Junior actually works very well, even on clean. Tight distortion with articulation. Of course, mine is a ver B with mods...
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
Thanks for answering my Q. I agree, that there is better out there, just on a budget, I found the V18 to be a good Bj on a budget. <-- Sig that if you must... Now that your working and making decent cash, the Blues Jr with upgrades is a great amp.
Me thinks perhaps a used Deluxe Reverb?

You could find one used for perhaps just a little bit more than a NOS Jr. The reason why I'm saying this is because the cleans are very very nice on a Deluxe Reverb, and you'll get some more headroom over a Blues Jr.

I really don't like my Blues Jr. for anything over very light rock. I just don't like how it sounds; I would've rather had a Peavey for the Classic Rock. And I have the NOS version.

The cleans sound nice, but I think you'd be better off with something else. Do take a look at the Deluxe Reverb before you make up your mind.

They seem to be selling for around $600 on ebay. If you do decide on a NOS Blues Jr, then you could find them for around $400.

I'd go used whatever you do really, just make sure you're buying from a reliable source.
Last edited by lemonsquares42 at Aug 8, 2008,