Ok. So, I have a BOSS MT-2 Dist. pedal right now, but i realized recently that i cant find the sound i want on it no matter what i try. Then, I started searching around on the internet, and I found one called "Pro Co RAT2" and everyone that posted a review on it said its the best dist. they've ever used. So what do you think?? MT-2 or...... RAT? Lol. Also, I notice there is a RAT2 and a Turbo RAT... which is better? lol lol lol. thanks. haha.
טארה ניקול
&
נח ליאם

-1.24.11-
tell us what kind of sound you want and then we can help but i would would go for the ratt
89' fender strat
gibson sg specail with grover tuners
standard tele
ibenez gio bass
takamine eg334sc
72'martin d-15
skbps-45 board, lots of pedals
peavey tripple xxx head w/ marshall cab
Mabey you should get a new amp if you dont like your tone.
Edit: Nevermind, I looked at your sig.
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
ive tried it through different amps tho. but thanks for that idea.

Anyway, I cant really answer that question with one answer, because... one day i might write something really hardcore, like... old atreyu kind of stuff, but the next day i might write something a bit softer, such as mid-new afi/some coldplay [like... violet hill and yellow. no softer than yellow.] thats another thing. I noticed that Jonny Buckland [guitarist for coldplay, in case u dont know the name] uses a RAT. So yeah. I hope that helps...
טארה ניקול
&
נח ליאם

-1.24.11-
Hey anyone know of a pedal that will bring the guitar down to a bass tone but get rid of the overtone im trying to make my guitar sound like a bass.(but without the stupid octave)
Below me
Quote by Iamthefallenone
Hey anyone know of a pedal that will bring the guitar down to a bass tone but get rid of the overtone im trying to make my guitar sound like a bass.(but without the stupid octave)

Way to threadjack and post something that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

TS: I've never personally used one but I've always wanted to check them out. I know that Joe Perry from Aerosmith uses an original Rat.
Ok. Thanks guys. I'm going to get the RAT2. I read somewhere else, a personal review, that it even sounds good on SS amps, but still sounds even better on tubes. so that will be good until i can get the other amp.
טארה ניקול
&
נח ליאם

-1.24.11-
dude i know this isnt really what you want to hear, but listen. the b-52 will sound waaaaaaay better than any pedal you can buy. it would be worth it to just skip out on the pedal and use that money to go towards the new amp.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
^ that's exactly what i'd have thought (though i haven't tried the b52, but i hear it's good for high gain on a budget). wait until you get the amp. with any luck you won't need a pedal, and by not buying the pedal, you'll be $100 (or whatever the pedal costs) closer to the new amp.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?