Ok so my friend is letting me play around with the bass guitar that I may buy from him. but I can't get the damn case open. there is a latch in the middle and two latches on the side that I can't get off, and there are key holes to the sides of them.. do I need the key to open it?

Hey, I already feel like a dumbass don't make me feel like even more of them.

I'll get a picture if needed.
FIJI
there might be a latch on the opposite side of the case than the rest of the latches, there could also be some sort of button or trigger aswell most likely near the handle (if the case has a handle)
it seems like the only way to open it is to use the two key holes to open the left and right latches, as they don't come up by pulling them..

but he didnt give me a key....
FIJI
Try talking to your friend about it, he might have a key to it or some trick to open it, or just keep trying things (pry the latches with a hammer or something).
I don't have his number I play with him at my church and only have his email.

FIJI
The key holes are the levers....slide them to the side, toward the end of the case. Don't worry, I did the same thing.

May I ask what's in the case?
Nope, no sig here.
hahaha genius!

god... I feel so dumb, but what do you expect from a guitar player.. ? hahah

pic in 2 minutes. you probably won't be too impressed. but you might be with the amp I'm buying with it.
FIJI
Aren't strat cases the same? I thought all Fender cases were like that...

Don't feel dumb...when my mother and I bought a bass for my dad, I had to take it back to the store to figure out how to open the case.
Nope, no sig here.
well I've never seen a case like this... I've had all with regular latches haha
FIJI
Quote by ShizNick
hahaha genius!

god... I feel so dumb, but what do you expect from a guitar player.. ? hahah

pic in 2 minutes. you probably won't be too impressed. but you might be with the amp I'm buying with it.

Don't feel dumb

I've had the same problem before on a tenor sax case.
oooh, I want that bass.
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
Fender American Precison W/Quarter pounders
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
Quote by JobyByTheNight
oooh, I want that bass.

How much would it cost from the store?
FIJI
No clue, discountinued I would guess. Depending on Quality, give the guy anywhere from 80-100$ or less if you can.
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
Fender American Precison W/Quarter pounders
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
Lock your windows. That's the exact bass I was looking at to compliment my Peavey Zodiac.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
Very nice bass...that's no import folks. Definitely a gig-worthy instrument.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Aug 8, 2008,
Maple neck, Alder body, probably has a Cocobolo fretboard.

My appraisal is $650-$750.
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
heh, i have a case just like that, cept its more torn up which makes me sad QQ

the insides a nice red though ^^

also, nice bass, now pretend that pirates raided you house to steal your stuff xD
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
haha cool. I'm paying him about $150 for it.

Once I buy his amp also I'll post pics, I'm buying both for about $450.
FIJI
Ok so I'm at about the right price.

Now the amp, I can't remember the model name, but I will be going back to his house and looking at it again. It's a fender 4x12 amp from the 70s.. I think he said 60w all tube, but for some reason the name of it allures me.
FIJI