what's the question really?
what people think about pinch harmonics?
they are nice, i like them.

-.-
Quote by xxdrumxx943
Hey just wanted to get some different opinions on doing pinch harmonics and some other different guitar tricks.

Picking at certain points along the strings and over different pickups can be quite cool.

Combining them with the bar maybe?.....
^ ok that dude is amazing. but he must have a specific gear for that too. there's NO WAY i could sound so many harmonics in my guitar, and so loud. it's hard to sound fret 2/14 harmonics on the first and second strings, and i can't play too much with my whammy bar, the pickups don't go much higher than that.
and i'm pretty much a noob at harmonics too i can't do harmonics without picking
I really want to try doing some bar tricks with some PHs. I don't have a guitar with a bar though.
Quote by RCalisto
^ ok that dude is amazing. but he must have a specific gear for that too. there's NO WAY i could sound so many harmonics in my guitar, and so loud. it's hard to sound fret 2/14 harmonics on the first and second strings, and i can't play too much with my whammy bar, the pickups don't go much higher than that.
and i'm pretty much a noob at harmonics too i can't do harmonics without picking

Most of his harmonics are actually sounded on the G string, not the first and second. He also doesn't generally use the harmonics much higher than the 2.5th fret; most of the really high ones are easiest to find between frets 2 and 3 but he doesn't actually use those all that often compared to the rest of the fretboard. That being said it still takes huge amounts of practice and I can't do it yet either.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by xxdrumxx943
so you dont need a whammy bar to do them?

that's what he said there, and it's also pretty obvious. what you're doing is just making a string vibrate really, and you don't see a whammy bar doing that (usually) lol
Quote by xxdrumxx943
so you dont need a whammy bar to do them?

Not to actually sound the notes but to get the Eklundh effects you do really.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by rickster470
I really want to try doing some bar tricks with some PHs. I don't have a guitar with a bar though.

Same here but it has made me find ways to do stuff. Like diving the A string at the begining stuff on crazy train live you prebend the G on the low E up to A and release it recreating the dive of A to G on the A string with a bar. And you can do the natural harmonic whammy bends behind the nut.
i have a question...to anyone who can answer..but theres a little trick that i have no idea how to do...it says pull stg. off the edge of the fretboard, "fretting" it against pickup...???? haha im assuming stg is string?? idk..but if anyone could help me that would be awesome!