I've recently learned the E minor pentatonic scale because I heard it was in many songs. I was wondering if anyone knew other popular scales. Ones that are used in blues and Latin songs would be helpful. Thanks.
the common blues scale?
the major and minor scales
the modes?
My Gear:
Fender Custom Shop Time Machine 1956 relic
plus accessories
Your position and your relationship with music has to be one from the inside. - John Frusciante
and yes, my avatar is weezy, what?
Learning the major scale all over the neck, in every key, as well as the theory behind it, is one of the most important things you will ever do as a guitarist.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
Learning the major scale all over the neck, in every key, as well as the theory behind it, is one of the most important things you will ever do as a guitarist.

that's it, mainly because every minor scale has the same notes as it's relative major scale, and every mode too. and almost every scale is just a modification of the major scale so you should definitely do it.