anyone got any tips on fast picking?

im havin trouble lately with single string sixteenths, and like fast palm muting. i just wanna know how to increase my skill in this area.

help
ADD

Check out my self-recorded demos on my profile!!! C4C

Separation is an illusion.
Gear:
-Peavey VTM 120
-Godin Lg (Dimarzio Evo2 and Air Norton)
-Fender MIM Strat with hotrails
-Custom Tele
-Dean Hardtail USA
-Dean 79 USA
Let's see...angle your pick so you're not hitting it parallel or perpendicular to the strings, pick with as little of the pick as possible (i.e. tip), and improve your economy of motion. Those're just three things that come to mind. Well, besides the big one: start slow, and gradually increase the tempo. Speed is a byproduct of accuracy.
Quote by Serendipity
Let's see...angle your pick so you're not hitting it parallel or perpendicular to the strings, pick with as little of the pick as possible (i.e. tip), and improve your economy of motion. Those're just three things that come to mind. Well, besides the big one: start slow, and gradually increase the tempo. Speed is a byproduct of accuracy.

i have a metronome, guess i better put it to use
ADD

Check out my self-recorded demos on my profile!!! C4C

Separation is an illusion.
Another thing to do would be to experiment with the picks, i HATE bog standard ones for fast picking, they're just not pointed enough.

Atm I use a jim dunlop big stubby pick, which is great
If you're struggling to keep things clean and even at a certain tempo, the only way to improve is to work with a metronome at a lower tempo, and increase the speed is small increments until you reach the desired bpm. This is a process that can take months, not something that will happen overnight. If you put in the time, and make sure every note is fretted cleanly and your hands are perfectly in sync, the dividends will be massive when you start getting very fast.

As far as picks go, Jazz IIIs are the only ones I use and recommend.