I messed with Truss Rod** on my older guitar a long time ago, today i put strings on it and the strings are super lose. The truss rod was really deep into the hole but i screwed it back up to where it was before i messed with it and that did nothing. Does anyone know of a way i can fix this or is the truss rod just broke? ( I had it my closet for a year without strings on it.)
Last edited by alocer7138 at Aug 7, 2008,
Quote by alocer7138
I messed with Truss Rod** on my older guitar a long time ago, today i put strings on it and the strings are super lose. The truss rod was really deep into the hole but i screwed it back up to where it was before i messed with it and that did nothing. Does anyone know of a way i can fix this or is the truss rod just broke? ( I had it my closet for a year without strings on it.)

That's not what the truss rod is for - it's for adjusting the bow on the neck and it's effect is barely noticeably until you start fretting notes, it makes no difference to the string tension. You usually adjust it 1/4 - 1/8 of a turn at a time, if you adjusted it so much that you could visibly see a change in the height of the adjustment point then yes, you probably broke it.

If the strings were really loose then you either tuned lower than you usually do or you used a lighter gauge of strings...there was absolutely no reason to touch tht truss rod.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
No its in standard tuning not sure if they are .09 or .010 strings or higher maybe, not sure the bags don't say I bought them a long time ago. Its not too big of a deal its an peavey raptor and i have another guitar, that's why I was messing with it. Its playable but when i palm mute and don't pick softly the big E string buzzing like crazy and the strings are farther away from the fretboard then they should be. Ive also tried ajusting the springs in the back that didn't seem to help.
Ok did that but it still sounds like ****. I also changed the E string again and still buzzing a lot and horrid sounds.