So in the near future I want to be getting an amp. The one I have now is a Fender G-Dec Jr. It came with the starter pack I got for my birthday. The question I have is, what are some good amps that aren't going to break the bank. This is going to be a present so I am thinking under $250 maybe even $300. I am just looking for some names so I know what to try out when I go the the store to play. I am looking for an amp with a good clean channel, but basically a good all around amp.

I play a little tom petty, pink floyd, weezer, RHCP.
The other piece of gear that I have is an RP-90. I got it to help introduce me to all of the different effects out there. I am still just learning the ropes on it. any information on some cool things to do with that would be greatly appreciated(not including smashing it).
If you've already got a MFX, I'd get a Blackheart Little Giant or some other small tube amp. It'd probably be able to cover Tom Petty and some RHCP without the pedal, and you'd be able to use the pedal for everything else.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
If you've already got a MFX, I'd get a Blackheart Little Giant or some other small tube amp. It'd probably be able to cover Tom Petty and some RHCP without the pedal, and you'd be able to use the pedal for everything else.

nice, tom petty is probably my favorite artist. what is the difference in a tube amp vs. a non tube amp??
so a small tube combo amp would be the best option? i only play in my room but I don't really care if the neighbors can hear me.

would i want the low gain, medium gain, or high gain?
blackheart
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings: