These amps are amazing and they have that grungy, raw powered distorted tone ive been looking for.

im relatively new to these amps and cant really tell the difference between the uberschall head and the ecstasy head. they seem the same to me but they are priced $1000 different in price range. if anybody knows anything about these that would be a great help(keep in mind im learning about tube amps i dont exactly know alot about how they work yet im still learning about them).
I think the Uberschall is a bit more... modern. To my ears.
But, i've had quite limited playing time with Bogners. They're rather elusive.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
I think the Uberschall is a bit more... modern. To my ears.
But, i've had quite limited playing time with Bogners. They're rather elusive.

ya, if i can find one its the shiva model which is the only one ive actually played myself. its hard to find info on these amps to, ive been researching them alot.
I've always thought the ecstasy was voiced more like a classic amp and the uberschall was a modern high gain amp.
the ecstasy is more voiced like a marshall. Great cleans, great crunch and heavy metal distortion

whereas the uberschall is voiced more like a 5150/boogie. decent cleans and incredible distortion with tons of low end
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by JLT73
the ecstasy is more voiced like a marshall. Great cleans, great crunch and heavy metal distortion

whereas the uberschall is voiced more like a 5150/boogie. decent cleans and incredible distortion with tons of low end

i play all genres: do you think it is worth it to get the ecstasy?
Quote by All_Bodies
i play all genres: do you think it is worth it to get the ecstasy?

I personally enjoy the ecstasy more. I also play a little bit of everything, so I would go for it.

but try to find a place to play it if you intend to buy it. It is a lot of money to spend on a whim.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by acdcrocks0323
^I somewhat agree, but he has the money. Plus he said that he hasn't really heard or played them, only the Shiva.

Well, if you haven't heard them, don't buy them

Try them out first, but basically the Uber is really big, thick, bassy, loose, modern, recto flavored (i.e. low mids) and the ecstasy is brighter, tighter, marshally, great leads and solo tone, etc.
Ive been kinda thinking about getting an Uberschall but do you realize how F*CKING hard it is to even hear one over here?

Let alone try one out yourself and you're screwed if you think you're gonna be able to purchase one.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Go to their site, find a dealer near you. If you can't, ask around until you find one, and if you can never find one to try out, just don't get it. There are plenty of amps out there. Or get it; hell its not my money.
The price difference comes down to the Ecstasy's extra channel, MIDI switching, and tweaking options. The Uberschall is very straightforward in comparison.

Assuming you do get a chance to try these amps, make sure you fiddle with the presence knob on the uber a lot. It's not like your standard presence control, and really affects the overall voicing of the amp.
Quote by All_Bodies
ya, if i can find one its the shiva model which is the only one ive actually played myself. its hard to find info on these amps to, ive been researching them alot.

i haven't tried the uberschall, but the shiva i tried sounded very different to the ecstacy...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?