Well, I have an old Flextone II XL. My friend came over and he used it as we were jamming and all the sudden a massive amount of feedback popped out from nowhere. I mean you cant even hear the notes or anything its all mudded by the hum. At first I thought there was something wrong with the cable so I plugged in a different one but the humming continued. Is there a way to check what is broken? I assume its the amp's main input but I'm not sure. Help meh :/
"Its not how many years you are playing its how many hours"
check if you are playing near a tv, computer, radio transmiter, etc. any of those waves can cause hum.

check if your guitar is wired correctly. try other guitar with the amp, because probably your guitar got a wire unsoldered.

or the oposite. maybe your amp's input or speaker cable got unsoldered. try to check that.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
is your amp grounded? (does it have a 3 prong plug and if so is is plugged into a 3 prong outlet?) Also if it is in a extension cord make sure the extension cord is grounded
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
Quote by Tig Bitties
is your amp grounded? (does it have a 3 prong plug and if so is is plugged into a 3 prong outlet?) Also if it is in a extension cord make sure the extension cord is grounded

Yea it is, I'm gonna try it tomorrow with one of my other guitars and hopefully see what is the problem.
**** its my guitars fault... I just checked plugged in my other one and it worked just fine :/ What do you think is the cause? Problem with the soldering?? I mean its a Ibanez JEM for god's sake there shouldnt be anything wrong with it...
bamp for solution
It's probably the guitars input, it's probably just worked itself loose from cables being constantly plugged into it.

If you open up the guitar from the back and have a look at the input, with the cable plugged in, there should be a little metal plate making contact with the jack. If it isn't, just bend it until it does.
Quote by alexlemon2
If you open up the guitar from the back and have a look at the input, with the cable plugged in, there should be a little metal plate making contact with the jack. If it isn't, just bend it until it does.

Yup i checked that, its not it. I took a pictures of how it looks like:

apart from your fingernails needing to be cleaned, looks okay, check the link directly on the pickup maybe?
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by l3p4rd
apart from your fingernails needing to be cleaned, looks okay, check the link directly on the pickup maybe?

Lawl squeezing lemons for juice stains your thumbnails green other than that I just plugged it into my Mesa and it works... I guess its like a loose cable or something like that...