I've been using this amp for awhile now, It's my drummer's brother's amp, nobody knows what it is except that it's an 100 watt SS kustom, but it breaks up like a valve, because it's weird. its 212 i believe

and it's padded like a 1960's kustom in black, I don't have any clear pictures of it. and I looked on google for it and found nothing.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
bump. Anyone?
Peavey 6505+
Gretsch G5120
is it...a Kustom? or...LIKE a Kustom?

are there any tubes visible? ... if it says Kustom, thats what it is, obviously, but we need more info, man
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
It's a kustom, I wanna know the model. No tubes, it's SS, I said that. It's LIKE a tube though because it breaksup, I'll try and find the best pic of it.

that's the best I can find of it, all it says is kuston 100 on it. It's got tuck and roll padding on the sides.
Peavey 6505+
Gretsch G5120
Last edited by l3p4rd at Aug 11, 2008,
You can't say its like a tube amp because it breaks up, any amp will break up, whether solid state or tube.

But, I've NEVER heard a solid state amp that can break up like a tube amp. I've heard SS that can get convincing tube-like distorted tone, but will not break up into the harmonically rich and complex overdrive of a good tube amp.

Alexander Dumble said it best "the fragile harmonics that can exist in a vacuum are eliminated and squashed in a solid state crystal lattice."
Last edited by al112987 at Aug 11, 2008,
by breaking up I mean it sounds good when it does break up, not muddy distortion. But you can tell it's not tube because it's lacking that warmth in the bottom end.
Peavey 6505+
Gretsch G5120
I'm not sure what it is, but if it's worth anything, you guys should sell it and buy your bass player some shoes. O_o
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by l3p4rd
by breaking up I mean it sounds good when it does break up, not muddy distortion. But you can tell it's not tube because it's lacking that warmth in the bottom end.

I think you mean the preamp distortion sounds good rather than power amp break up. Cranking a solid state amp's volume will always result in ugly harmonic content and a sound that will fart out. Even if its not muddy, it will not sound pleasing by any stretch.

Sorry for being nitpicky.
Quote by al112987
I think you mean the preamp distortion sounds good rather than power amp break up. Cranking a solid state amp's volume will always result in ugly harmonic content and a sound that will fart out. Even if its not muddy, it will not sound pleasing by any stretch.

Sorry for being nitpicky.

nono, there's no button for distortion, that's why I really wanna know more about it, it really overdrives like a tube it's really weird.

And yeah, our bassist doesn't ever wear shoes...even at school, he's a surfer. He like doesn't believe in shoes.
Peavey 6505+
Gretsch G5120