I just got back from the coffee depot, which has open mic night every thursday. There was this blues band that played, and the bass player was amazing. He played a Fender jazz through a Line 6 low down or w/e the model is. I've heard bad things about them. However, the thing thumped! I kinda had a negative vibe towards the guy when he was setting up, but it surely surprised me. Anyone ever play one of these?
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
I own one, it's solid but it has a lot of quirks and I wouldn't recommend it.
my friend did once, turned it up to about 8 and blew the speaker out.

we quickly got out of there.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
weird... well this guy had it up loud enough for a drum set and a guitar. It wasn't ran through the PA, like bassists from other bands do here. There's no reason to blast any amp, MikeyMetal.

Anyways thanks, I won't bother with line 6.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Last edited by CLIFF_BURTON at Aug 8, 2008,
I can get a pretty good Jazz tone out of my LD175 but it's pretty much useless if you turn it up past 6.
i own them. theyre great. nice tones, distorion, its a loud little mofo. im upgrading tho cuz i want a bigger speakerd amp...and ampeg, i like there tone. but ya its an awesome amp
Try adding more delay.
I've got the 300w Line6, and my problem with it is exactly that. It "thumps", or rather, it sounds like a dry fart in a big room.

There's no definition to my tone a lot of the time, no growl. This annoys me, as I like quite an agressive tone.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by ShizNick
I don't recommend line 6, no matter what the item is.

Thats pretty dumb

Some of their higher end stuff is quite good actually, but everyone just judges them off the Spider.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
^agreed, I got to play on a Vetta once...that thing is just awesome. Add a Variax and a good Pod and you've got a heck of a rig. I imagine the LowDown HD400and HD750
will be very good...just not the current models.

I also played a Warrior with line 6 pickups, and honestly I still have only heard 1 or 2 basses that can top it in tone.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Aug 8, 2008,
The high end Line 6 I have heard to be good, but don't expect an original tone from them. They're pretty much all made to copy other popular amps and stuff like that.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!