Ok i been playing guitar for about six years now.
Basically i love metal, play allot of metal.
My amp which i have right now is a randall, great for metal but that where the problem starts. All it can really do is metal.
Im looking for an all around amp that will still have a great metal sound but also able to tone is down a bit when i want it too.
The other problem i have with the randall is that the clean is horrible.

Basically im looking for a 50-100 watt tube amp.
The price at the moment im not really sure of. Try and keep it around the $400-500 price range. But if u got something a little more then that and think its worth it just mention it.
I'm planning on selling my randall or trading it in and paying some cash for a new amp depending on what leaves more money in my pocket.

this is kind the tone that im looking for-i have an esp ec-1000 guitar if anyone needs to know that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG2804ggsI0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9W8BccV-DY
Peavey classic
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
id look at bugera amps. also the b-52 at212. you may have to look used. also, if you can stretch your budget a little, you might be able to find a used 5150. they are amazing for metal. the clean channel isnt great though. its decent, but not quite at the level of the bugera or b-52
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
i was thinking of the peavey 5150 and running a chorus pedal threw it or the boss acoustic simulator pedal. Which really does not sound like an acoustic but it does make the clean sound better.
Quote by crzywhiteboy
Basically i love metal, play allot of metal.
My amp which i have right now is a randall, great for metal but that where the problem starts.

Really?? Never would have guessed that... I mean you're avatar is Dime lol

I would look into some used Mesas. Try out as many different models as you can because they are all very versatile amps but they are each voiced a bit differently.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Really?? Never would have guessed that... I mean you're avatar is Dime lol

I would look into some used Mesas. Try out as many different models as you can because they are all very versatile amps but they are each voiced a bit differently.

For that budget and request, hell yea. Actually I would hav said "used" Mesa's. But yes.

Edit: Dumbass award, you DID say used... I won't delete, I will own up... Kudos.
lucky for me my local guitar center has mesa amps, i heard allot of them don't.
how abut the peavey xxx is it any god?
Quote by l3p4rd
Peavey classic

You sir are retarded.

But I'd say, try the Valveking. They're pretty good for metal.
Quote by Dimebag Bill
You sir are retarded.

But I'd say, try the Valveking. They're pretty good for metal.

go play one, they do everything well.

asshole.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by l3p4rd
go play one, they do everything well.

asshole.

Everything except metal.
Fender MIA Stratocaster (with SD Twang Banger)
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
definitely look into a mesa mark III. it can get so many different sounds. to me, it can do all kinds of metal, but sometimes sounds like its missing just a little bit or something. i run an overdrive with the gain all the way down and it just puts that little extra something into the sound that i need. but dont think it NEEDS the overdrive to get heavy, its got buttloads of gain.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣