Has anyone had trouble with this song? I'm trying very hard to get it down but I just can't get the timing right for the slow melodic bits Jones is doing during the verses and intro. All I got down is that chorus. I love Zeppelin and John Paul Jones, I learned the entire first record but LZ II is a major pain in my @SS.

Does anyone here find this man's lines are sometimes unhuman?
i can do every single line without a problem except the lemon song because that is something else. after years i still can't get it down exactly the way it should be. i too took on zeppelin I and it was a breeze, but II def is much harder to get through. John Paul Jones is awesome at what he does
This thread makes me want to play the Lemon Song so i can figure out how its counted, record it, and put it on youtube so I can make afratmdk jealous :p

If all else fails, figure out the time signature, the tempo, and whip out the metronome.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
I have timing issues when I play it with my guitarist friend, though I suspect it's a mistake on his part, not mine.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Quote by theFitz
To me, if someone hears you humming the bass line to the Lemon Song, they'll probably think you're having a stroke

That's still my favourite quote about the Lemon Song. Its a bear to play, but fun once you get it down. I managed by some rather intense practice with a metronome over the course of a few days. I had to learn that and Red House once for a Blues workshop.

And on Ramble on, its the same thing--get out the metronome and start woodshedding. If you play with the recording, try to ignore Page and concentrate on Bonham and your own internal time clock.
LZ II has a lot of great emotional groove songs. I can understand why some people can find those harder to play than his fast licks. It's all timing and groove.

try to ignore Page and concentrate on Bonham and your own internal time clock.

This is the key - ignore the guitar and listen to what the kick drum is doing. Tapping your foot along helps a lot with timing.
you obviously dont play any jamerson or motown coz thats is a heck of a lot harder than jp jonesss
Quote by jewishfriend
you obviously dont play any jamerson or motown coz thats is a heck of a lot harder than jp jonesss

you obviously don't play reggae bebop in 27/8 time because its a lot harder than motown.

in other irrelevant information, I own a car!

OK but seriously.
practice is just key.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Quote by UtBDan
you obviously don't play reggae bebop in 27/8 time because its a lot harder than motown.

in other irrelevant information, I own a car!

OK but seriously.
practice is just key.

you got me