First with the progressions question, the major numerals are I ii iii IV V vi vii(dim), also called the Ionian progression right?
but why are some fourths and fiths minor and some basically some minor and major changes because isnt this the major scale, so why do the major and minor chords change? heres an ex. Aeolian: I(dim), bII, bIII, iv, v, bIV, bVII(i get why there are flats b/c of the formula for the modes)

Second, would all modes in G major work for Eminor b/c arent they all in the key of E minor also?
My Gear:
Fender Custom Shop Time Machine 1956 relic
plus accessories
Your position and your relationship with music has to be one from the inside. - John Frusciante
and yes, my avatar is weezy, what?
Quote by RHCP987123
First with the progressions question, the major numerals are I ii iii IV V vi vii(dim), also called the Ionian progression right?
but why are some fourths and fiths minor and some basically some minor and major changes because isnt this the major scale, so why do the major and minor chords change? heres an ex. Aeolian: I(dim), bII, bIII, iv, v, bIV, bVII(i get why there are flats b/c of the formula for the modes)

Second, would all modes in G major work for Eminor b/c arent they all in the key of E minor also?

Yes, you could play in G major over something E minor.

to the first part of your thread i don't know though....
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
Here is the easier way I can teach it. These progressions are based off of the notes in the scale. So a Progression in C Major - C E G (C major) - D F A (D minor) - E G B (E minor) - F A C (F major) ect.

So those are the triads for each chord, using the notes in C Ionian. All triads based off a major scale contain the root (obviously) and the fifth, except for the triad based off of the seventh degree of the scale. The only thing that changes is the third, making it major or minor.

Hope I helped.
Those with closed minds bring on themselves nothing but limits.
Quote by RHCP987123

Sometimes the IV and V chords are minor because the distance from the fifth note of that mode to the seventh note of the mode is a minor third.

Look at the Major Scale
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 - the distance between the 5 and 7 is four semitones a major third. So the chord built on the 5 degree will be major.
Aeolian mode
1 2 b3 4 5 b6 b7 the distance between the 5 and b7 is three semitones a minor third. So the chord built on the 5 degree will be minor.

by the way the chords for the Aeolian mode are
i ii(dim) bIII iv v bVI bVII

So A Aeolian = Am B(dim) C Dm Em F G (Same chords used in C Major)

E minor is derived from E Aeolian it is a mode of G Major.
Si