So I just got home from an advance screeing of Tropic Thunder, and I gotta say, it was really funny. At one part I almost fell out of my seat laughing, and there were also some really good action parts of the movie. I didnt expect much because of the last few Ben Stiller movies, but I enjoyed it and Id recommend it.
The softest of blankets is six feet of soil.

Upcoming Shows:
Sasquatch! Festival - May 2013
Step brother > tropic thunder
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
Quote by axeslinger01

have you seen both?
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Quote by axeslinger01

I disagree, all of will ferrols movies seem the same to me, he plays the same character every time.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I disagree, all of will ferrols movies seem the same to me, he plays the same character every time.

Yes, but he plays that character oh so well.
I love Stiller and Black, can't wait to see this movie.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
(Progressive Metal is) like playing Nirvana, but faster, with little or no powerchords, cleanly, with more technique, and complex time signatures.

Quote by Guitarfreak777

No, he actually ISNT doing a sports movie this time... at least hes trying, yknow?
'And if this clock keeps beating down, let the branded time keep playing, of all the minutes that were taken away, will your watch be waiting.'
Quote by Guitarfreak777

Kinda like Ben Stiller :P

I've seen both and while I think Tropic Thunder was a better movie, I laughed more in Step Brothers. Robert Downey Jr. pretty much made Tropic Thunder IMO.

They're both good movies and I'd recommend both, but Pineapple Express still rapes the **** out of both of them imo.
HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY YOUUUU GUYYYYYYSSSS
My sis wants to know how "awesome" RDJ was. She has a bit of a crush on him by the way. Any nude scenes with him, she wants to know?
Quote by kyurah
They're both good movies and I'd recommend both, but Pineapple Express still rapes the **** out of both of them imo.

+1

hands down new favorite movie.
Quote by Smokey Amp
You're = You Are (Dialectal abbreviation)
Your = Your (Possessive)

Learn the difference, biatch.

yes! i hate when people get that wrong.
I saw this last week at a 'sneak peek' showing...

N O S P O I L E R S

It was very funny, but if your epileptic, don't see this movie. It starts off VERY quickly with practically no character developement at all, and once it gets going, it's gone. It seemed too overwhelming.. like just too much stuff going on at once, you could barely hear the dialogue at some points(especially Downey Jr's), and there some scenes where you'll just be completely bewildered as to what just happened.

Anyways, it took me 3/4's of the movie before I realized that this guy was Tom Cruise, he did an excellent job playing a jewish? douche bag who only cares about money. And Lord are his arms fat hairy logs... good lord.

Everything I said is 100% true. Many of you will agree with me on what I said above, I'm pretty sure. Like I said, THIS MOVIE IS VERY FAST PACED.

7/10
______
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
Quote by dantheguitarist
My sis wants to know how "awesome" RDJ was. She has a bit of a crush on him by the way. Any nude scenes with him, she wants to know?

lol no nude scenes but he was really funny.
The softest of blankets is six feet of soil.

Upcoming Shows:
Sasquatch! Festival - May 2013
Quote by dantheguitarist

"My sis"

Mhm, sure. You know you diggin' some maleness and just don't want to admit it to the pit.
rawr
+1 to not knowing it was tom cruise. My friend at the VERY end at the dance scene was like, omg thats Tom Cruise! and I argued with him about it until the credits proved it.
HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY YOUUUU GUYYYYYYSSSS
Movie owned.

Between this movie, Step Brothers and Pineapple Express, I reckon this has turned into the Summer Of Hilarious Movies.
S O M E (unimportant) S P O I L E R S

This movie looked like utter shit from the ad.

But, the moment the rapper's (I can't remember his name) commercial came on...I was in love with the movie.

I loved the Scorcher commercials as well, "...but this time, IT'S DIFFERNT"

Robert Downey .Jr did excellent in the movie, his "lead farmer" line was epicx2.

The scene when Jack Black was tied up to the tree because he was getting too close to the crack (was it heroin?) was fucking hilarious. "Cradle the balls...suck on the shaft...swallow the gravy..."
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by dantheguitarist

blame it on the sister...
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
has anyone seen tropic thunder, step brothers, and pineapple express?

one of my friends told me the other day that tropic thunder was funnier than pineapple express but i call bs.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
lmao XxGloriousxX is a genius

Quote by Pinky19
You guys fail. Except for you Glorious. You win.

Once again.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I would shoot them to death yes, but trying to aim for non-leathal, hoping they live.

which one is it Guitarfreak777?