Up until I realised that Ibanez had to remove their VBT700 model, due to a copyright claim by Dean Guitars (rage) I've been looking for an alternative, or rather a direct copy of the guitar.

The basics :

neckthrough
string-through-body
solid pickups for playing metal
plain black or white with black hardware
under 1000$

I dont know why FR bridge systems are so popular since I find them a pain to play and setup, not to mention that I dont want one. Sounds just so basic and simple, yet whenever I enter a store im tripping (balls) over tremolo's.

Suggestions?
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
You'll still be able to find them for a while at least, regardless of whether or not they are discontinued.
EDIT: I mean, I don't know if you plan on buying soon or not, but I'll have a look around.
I'd say Michael Amott's signature guitars, but he appears to be missing from all the artist rosters and everything on the ESP website.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
bc rich has got quite a lot of new V's this year. check them out on MF.

ill bring out some links in a while
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
Quote by NorfIrIon
I'd say Michael Amott's signature guitars, but he appears to be missing from all the artist rosters and everything on the ESP website.

Yea, was looking forward to his white V.

I'll check out the BC Rich website

Edit : The V-500 comes the closest to what I'm looking for, my only real complaint would be the triangular piece of metal over the body. While the BC Rich Jr. V has the horrible widov headstock and only 1 fret market.
Quote by Demonazzz
Last edited by lokster at Aug 8, 2008,
Quote by NorfIrIon

he is no longer endorsed by them. go to wikipedia.

the nearest option to the Ninja is the Fernandes V. check on their web
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Hellraiser-V1-Electric-Guitar?sku=515918
there is also the schecter V, but i think its really ugly.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-V500-Electric-Guitar?sku=512895

or just check the lawswitters (i cant spell that lol)
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Dave-Mustaine-V-VMNT1-Signature-Electric-Guitar?sku=514043

there's always the trusty gibby
http://www.zzounds.com/item--GIBDSV3

just search around dude. also check the jacksons.

sorry for double post.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

Last edited by ldnovelo at Aug 8, 2008,
The name on the headstock shouldn't effect your desire to owning the guitar, unless your a brandhoe, lol.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by lokster
Up until I realised that Ibanez had to remove their VBT700 model, due to a copyright claim by Dean Guitars (rage) I've been looking for an alternative, or rather a direct copy of the guitar.

The basics :

neckthrough
string-through-body
solid pickups for playing metal
plain black or white with black hardware
under 1000$

I dont know why FR bridge systems are so popular since I find them a pain to play and setup, not to mention that I dont want one. Sounds just so basic and simple, yet whenever I enter a store im tripping (balls) over tremolo's.

Suggestions?

ltd v-500
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by bloodycomfort
The name on the headstock shouldn't effect your desire to owning the guitar, unless your a brandhoe, lol.

It doesn't, I just dislike the widow look.

I'll probably go for the ltd v-500 if I fail to find the Ibanez in my original post
Quote by Demonazzz