Ive narrowed it down as best I can, now its up to all you experts on here to help me.

I am looking for a nice amp around $500 (give or take, including a peddle, possibly) that is good enough to gig small if necessary, but for the immediate future will be used for practice and jamming with friends, possibly a drummer.

I play old rock and blues, and I enjoy a raunchy clean sound, and a pretty heavy, like maybe hendrix distortion.

Here is what Im looking at, and any suggestions to further help me pinpoint what I want would be great.

Tiny Terror Head (would need a cabinet, I like the orange ones that you see with them)
Fender Blues Jr., or Hot Rod Deluxe (suggestions as to which would be nice)
A peavey Delta Blues (used I found for $400)
or these two that have been recomended
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ampeg-Reverberocket-R-50H-Head-Amazing-tone-and-Cond_W0QQitemZ120289869773QQihZ002QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
and
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ampeg-Reverberocket-R12-R-1x12-combo-amp_W0QQitemZ250278185552QQihZ015QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and if necessary I am thinking about getting a peddle, and the names Ive can across are tubescreamer and maxon od, but these are a little pricey for a peddle for me, so something similar but cheaper would be nice.

So thats it, this is pretty much the final hour for me, I would like to grab a good amp this weekend and feel I have some good options here. Personally, I am leaning towards the marshall clones and sound as opposed to the fender sound, but that just from info that Ive read. Any help is much appreciated, thank you.
Last edited by bigtee212 at Aug 8, 2008,
lol at saying hendrix has a heavy distorion.

and i would stay away from fender amps, look into getting a NON mg series marshall, if you can pick one up in your price range i probably would, specially if your after a marshall sound.

they come with a pedal to change channels on there amp?? if thats what you ment by peddle,

and you can get a valve state one second hand cheapishly i think. (70+w)
*Enter Sig Here*
Quote by Hale_91
lol at saying hendrix has a heavy distorion.

and i would stay away from fender amps, look into getting a NON mg series marshall, if you can pick one up in your price range i probably would, specially if your after a marshall sound.

they come with a pedal to change channels on there amp?? if thats what you ment by peddle,

and you can get a valve state one second hand cheapishly i think. (70+w)

he has a heavy blues sound.

and i mean overdrive or distortion pedal

and i really dont need a 70w
if you want to pull of a small gig, a 70w is prob needed.

you could still look into less powerful marshalls, or even a 30w modeling amp if you want to head down that road, loud enough to jam with, not necessarily preform with, all up to you really, but i would stay away from fender amps
*Enter Sig Here*
Quote by Hale_91
if you want to pull of a small gig, a 70w is prob needed.

you could still look into less powerful marshalls, or even a 30w modeling amp if you want to head down that road, loud enough to jam with, not necessarily preform with, all up to you really, but i would stay away from fender amps

i guess i didnt mention i was looking at tube amps. did i mess up and overlook that one of those wasnt a tube perhaps?

anyways, if you are talking SS then those watts might be true, but Ive heard a 30w tube can take a small place easy.
ohh yeah, soz, my bad.

im not too sure about your price range, i would rather get a semi-tube amp, or solid, then wait till i get a few grand and splurge on something huge.

and i wouldnt get a pedal if your getting a tube amp, that would sorta counter act its self, as alot of the drive is from pushing the tubes
*Enter Sig Here*
If you can get your hands on one check out an Ashdown Fallen Angel combo. They were only made for a couple years and they've been discontinued for well over a year now so they are pretty hard to come by.

I use the head/cab version and it covers blues and classic rock excellently. The "clean" channel (channel one) has a gain knob that lets you go from crystal clear to a very gritty clean. The "dirty" channel (channel two) can go from an almost clean tone to a heavy tone (I crank mine and get a decent 80's metal tone). The speakers have a very warm bluesy voicing to them (which I'm not too fond of because its hard to get a modern tone out of them). Definitely worth checking out if you are able to find one to give a test run!