The reason for the customization was a) the guitar was neck heavy and a real pain to play b) i didn't like the tele shape.

i had the body custom cut with a bigger cutout and a slanted bottom

the edges were beveled so the back color would create a border around the top.

i had to copper pipes filled with lead and inserted into the bottom of the guitar for weight management.

had SD Invaders installed.

we'll see how long it takes to get pics up. attaching them is a pain.

what
Last edited by IamJonsCranium at Aug 8, 2008,
I need pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
It's definitely sexier now.
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
oh, i forgot to mention, the red is alot brighter than i anticipated, so i think it clashes with the white. supposed to be black cherry. but i'm going to order a guitar skin from www.axewraps.com and put that on the top to cover the white. i'm thinking 'reincarnation white' or 'word of discord.' you can probably find them on the site with a search.
what
Last edited by IamJonsCranium at Aug 8, 2008,
I really like the shape, it's very similar to the guitar I'm making. And TBH I like the paint job alot; the contrast looks nice and gives it some class.
^That was what it looked like! If the maple was quilted like that then why did you do it?
I like the idea of the new shaped cutaway.

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
I really like the mod, the shape and paint job work well together.
Quote by gangsta_rick
HAHA TWO WORDS f*CKING LEGEND

Finally a sig which shows another member praising me.

My work here is done
Quote by -MintSauce-
Wait, let me get this straight:

You butchered the body, because it weighed too much.. then you added copper piping to the rear, to make it heavier.

Didn't you remove wood from that area though?

It was just neck heavy. The weight was added to the ass. I think lead-filled copper pipes are quite a bit heavier than that wedge of wood he took out.

Looks awesome, by the way.
Quote by Pikka Bird
It was just neck heavy. The weight was added to the ass. I think lead-filled copper pipes are quite a bit heavier than that wedge of wood he took out.

Looks awesome, by the way.

Fair enough!

Anyway, it's not my cup of tea, but the refinish was definitely executed well, and it looks very neat.

Well done!
that looks awesome

well done!
Quote by TDS
You know what would be awsome? A phone that doubled as a fleshlight that recharged power through kinetic motion.

"hold on guys my phone's dying."
*fap*
"Ok we're good."
Thanks.

The quilted top was actually a low quality laminate, not like Schecter puts on their guitars nowadays. it was full of knots and was only a couple mm thick. so that's why i didnt feel bad covering it up.
what