hello

i've been playing guitar for a while, and i have NEVER changed my strings on my own. someone else always did it for me. kinda funny huh haha.

but i realized, on my crappier guitars, my 6th strings (and 5th sometimes) sounds MUTED. theres no crystal ding~ to it.

is there a way to fix this manually? or is it just because its a crappy guitar?

(its like this even after a new string change)

please help me!

EDIT::
my strings were changed by SOMEONE ELSE all the time. i did change my strings regularly. thank you
"Taken For Granted"
Last edited by Natshu at Aug 8, 2008,
deadspots? what does that mean? sorry, noob question
"Taken For Granted"
Does it sound crappy when you strike an open string or only when you fret it? If it sounds bad with the string open as well check your nut its probably worn out. If open strings sound good an then they sound bad when tou fret notes or chords on them then its probably worn, flat frets.
Your getting a crappy sound because you have NEVER changed your strings. Do you expect the thrill of a virgin the 40th time around?
Quote by RickDe
Does it sound crappy when you strike an open string or only when you fret it? If it sounds bad with the string open as well check your nut its probably worn out. If open strings sound good an then they sound bad when tou fret notes or chords on them then its probably worn, flat frets.

it sounds muddy when its open string. haha thanks ill take that advice.
"Taken For Granted"
Quote by Akabilk
Your getting a crappy sound because you have NEVER changed your strings. Do you expect the thrill of a virgin the 40th time around?

no, the strings have been changed, just not by me.
"Taken For Granted"
its probably your truss rod.... but then your other strings would........... well maybe it is
Could have a warped neck, google "warped guitar neck" or "truss rod", easy enough to fix.
God and Country are an unbeatable team; they break all records for oppression and bloodshed.
Get a decent guitar or a girlfriend that's closer to a virgin if you want a bit of 'twang'.