I have 'Ya Ya' on my multi-effect pedal, while cool, I've never heard it in a song, just riffs on the net and so forth, any songs use it?
Do per-chance mean Wah-Wah? Srsly, I have never heard of this 'Ya Ya' of which you speak.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
When you pick a note it sounds like a robot going 'YA' and when you pump the pedal (that's how I say it :\ ), it goes 'eee' so you could do 'yaya yaiiiiiiiiiiii aaaaaaa yayaya'.

You could make a cool riff, but I've never heard it in an actual song, hence the thread.
Quote by HaKattack
What the hell is 'ya ya'?

It's an envelope filter effect on Digitech multi pedals.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
The House That Jack Built by Metallica, and Live In A Hole by Pantera I think.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by civildp1
It's an envelope filter effect on Digitech multi pedals.

kinda. ya ya is phaser mixed with wah, im fairly sure, i think it said that in the handbook for my RP200a
but it does have a separate envelope filter.

as songs that have it?
no clue, it sounds vaguely like it in no doubts "im just a girl" but i dont know if thats it.
lol, I'm using the RP200a, aaron.

I've only ever heard 'ya ya' in riffs on the net.
From the RP90 manual (lucky you and your 200's) "YaYa combines the characteristics of a Wah and a Flanger, creating an almost human vowel characterisic as if the guitar were saying 'Yah'." As for songs with it, other than Yai Yai, which has already been mentioned, none come to mind.
It's just so bizarre, like a talk box, not used much, but oh so interesting.
It is fun to mess around with lol. I like to toss on the Auto Ya (just because I'm too lazy to be bothered with the expression pedal) and see what kinda weird stuff you can get out of it. Where does one come up with the idea to mix a flange and wah anyways?
Quote by rjdusa
It is fun to mess around with lol. I like to toss on the Auto Ya (just because I'm too lazy to be bothered with the expression pedal) and see what kinda weird stuff you can get out of it. Where does one come up with the idea to mix a flange and wah anyways?

Why not?

I've mixed Wah and a Talkbox. Sounded pretty cool... gave it more of a punch and sweep.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Ive heard it in a Kanye West song before......

Oh and Diamond Sea by Sonic Youth
X
Quote by HaKattack
What the hell is 'ya ya'?

I thought "Ya ya" was just something Soulja Boy said throughout 70% of his "songs".
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Digitech rp series ya ya?
That pedal was suppose to revitalize guitar for me ,
i'm selling it tomorrow so i can buy a new ds lite.

I've moved on to piano and vocals (took beginning choir, auditioned and got in the honors choir ), so i'm not going to regret dropping the guitar.
However, i loved the drums/metronome and usb ability to record to the computer though, it was fun while it lasted.

I never used the ya ya effect, neither the wah very much.
I realized that effects weren't that all what their hyped up to be, i was more focused on tone with that pedal.
I'll pass the axe to my little brother now.
slight twist, shivering corpse
ornated with water, fills the cracks
clasped in my limbs by tradition
THIS IS ALL YOU NEED

"to be great is to be misunderstood."

- ralph waldo emerson