In the couple of bands that I've tried to start and what not, I realized that all of them have lacked their own identity. Take any of your favorite bands and take a look at their members, logo, photos, album covers, track titles, and how they are all reflected into their songs. I know the most important part of the band is the music, but without this extra identity it's easy for a lot of starting bands to get thrown in with all the other ones. I thought it'd be cool for people to post their logo, give a link to one of their song, give a picture of their band or whatever to try to describe their band. I'll use one of my favorite bands as an example:

(Invalid img)

Took Out A Loan - BRMC

Every part of their band fits together. If you say their name then a mental picture pops into the head, and you can hear some dirty blues/rock n roll riff playing which they have been able to distinguish as their own sound.

This thread could fail miserably but I find it interesting to see what people think of their own band and what it means to them and how they wish to portray it to their audience.
"They say rock n' roll is dead well not while I'm alive it ain't" - Liam Gallagher

"It is the spectator, and not life, that art really mirrors." - Oscar Wilde

well we don;t necessarily have a logo, but the link is www.myspace.com/oblivionrisingmetal
. Only the first two tracks are live instrumentals and they lack vocals. We recently played our first gig and it went down pretty good. Basically, we're just a bunch of fat guys and a skinny dude who got together and played the music that i wrote and have been sitting on for the past year or so. The music is cross between thrash and melodic death metal.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
my band is really different. we have a saxophonist, a guitarist and a drummer, and thats it. i think our originality and arrangements is what sets us apart, plus our songs are about space and ****.
that could be cool, honestly.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
Quote by CaRveItiNbass
well we don;t necessarily have a logo, but the link is www.myspace.com/oblivionrisingmetal
. Only the first two tracks are live instrumentals and they lack vocals. We recently played our first gig and it went down pretty good. Basically, we're just a bunch of fat guys and a skinny dude who got together and played the music that i wrote and have been sitting on for the past year or so. The music is cross between thrash and melodic death metal.

I'll be honest and say trash isn't my cup of tea but I checked it out and when I immediately saw your banner (which is bad ass by the way) I immediately heard like metal versions of like Final Fantasy music for some reason, like really epic, haunting music that breaks into some off the wall metal. Pretty cool logo and stuff too.
"They say rock n' roll is dead well not while I'm alive it ain't" - Liam Gallagher

Quote by sidvicious182
my band is really different. we have a saxophonist, a guitarist and a drummer, and thats it. i think our originality and arrangements is what sets us apart, plus our songs are about space and ****.

Cool set-up, pretty creative. From what you describe it reminds me of the moody blues, who used some sax and flute stuff, to write some cool psychedelic, space rock type stuff.

Quote by CaRveItiNbass

lol... your band = sexy...

anyway. Spread the Ashes.
we're a metalcore kinda band.
much like most bands, we wanted to make noise.
been a band for 4 years, had current line up for one, and played many...many gigs.
the music i myself, write, i try and base on events. example... im in karazhan, fighting prince, he goes down in 2 minutes. i write about it.
nerdy as it seems its almost true... almost.
world of warcraft reference for anyone who doesnt play.
anyway...

http://www.myspace.com/stametal

edit: our song Only God Can Save You Now fits perfectly with my world of warcraft reference... bahahha...
i know...im a nerd...
Last edited by geek_core at Aug 8, 2008,
Quote by sidvicious182

Yeah, sax! My band's lineup is that with bass, and the sax player also sings and plays keyboard. Pretty sweet.
Destroy Within

Destroy Within has quickly become one of the main metal outfits in Hamilton, Ontario from their first demo release, Left in Ruins. Started in 2005 by Guitarist, Corey Nusca and Drummer John Rich. The band has had many line up changes but their current one has been unstoppable. Recently, Destroy Within signed to Northern Storm records, and are working on their debut. The band has written 5 songs for it, and going to be demoing soon enough.

www.myspace.com/destroywithin

Old songs, from 2005, New songs to be up shortly. They will crush you.