Over the past 6 months I've joined a band which, hopefully, are going to start gigging soon. This is a problem as my current amp is a frontman 15g, which has suited me OKish for the past 3 years. Now I can't decide which amp I want. I want something around £200-250 rougly $400/500 dollars or so. I want it to be loud enough for gigging and also be able to handle a bit of gain, but not loads because my band only plays indie rock/pop.

I was thinking of the ADV50T, but I'm not sure as I read a topic that said hybrids are a marketing scheme.

Help me please?

x
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
You could find a used Laney VC (maybe a new VC15) for that price: low-ish gain, lovely cleans, + loud enough for gigs. You can probably get a pretty good valve amp for that amount of money if you're prepared to buy second hand and spend a while looking for a good deal.

EDIT: Its about what you like in the end. Go to a shop and try some stuff out, then buy it second hand! Try second hand stuff out before buying it though...
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Last edited by monkey_dancer at Aug 8, 2008,
yeah, i'd second the laney vc. you can get a vc15 already, or if you save a little more (up to £300), you can get a vc30 new.

of course, personal preference and all that, obviously try one (and everything else which is a similar price bracket) to make sure you like it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?